twenty two

the majority of the day was spent flying, amelia and violet had stuck to the group mainly bodhi and xaden with liam and garrick always sticking to the back. amelia guessed it was to protect them if they got ambushed from behind.

she really didn't know why the group was so protective, it's not like violet or her hadn't seen death before. amelia then spotted something in the sky, she thought it was gryphons but xaden and bodhi were headed towards their direction.

" where are we going? " amelia thought to bodhi.

" please trust us, trust me. don't ask questions " he looked back at her briefly.

she nodded, but was still so confused she also didn't want to ask questions either because she did trust them and bodhi.

the gryphon landed in a clearing with a woman, amelia shot a worried look to violet who sent her the same look back. the group landed and slid off their dragons only a couple of feet away from the gryphon riders.

" take off celeste, we might need an ambush " amelia looked at her dragon who nodded then took off.

bodhi and amelia looked at each other, he saw the worry in her eyes as they approached the gryphon riders.

" and if the rumors are true, there's only one silver-haired rider in your death factory of a college, which means that's general sorrengail's youngest " a women says glaring at violet.

another rider had seen amelia, " and a elsher, the death factory must like kids of generals " she sneered.

" a fucking sorrengail and elsher " the first woman says.

amelia noticed that none of others expect for her and violet were drawing their weapons, the elsher summoned a electricity ball in her hands and was about to throw it but bodhi had grabbed her hand to stop her.

while, violet was getting ready to summon a lighting bolt but xaden wraps an arm around her and pins her arms. " no " he said.

" what are you doing " violet said trying to break out of xaden's arms, but it was no use.

then a gust of wind came out of no where, it was tairn had come because violet called for him. " holy shit, that one is huge " one of the woman says as all of them took a step back.

" he's not the only one that we have that's huge " amelia smirked and whistled.

celeste had come flying in and landed next to amelia, the riders took another step back. " fuck, she's big " the other says.

bodhi kept watching amelia, seemingly watching her reaction to seeing the gryphons. she was listening to their conversation about a shipment and them being earlier than expected.

at first she didn't get it, but as xaden was talking more then she realized that her friends, her boyfriend was working with them smuggling supplies, especially weapons out to them.

she wondered if they were using her and violet, if anything she had with bodhi was real, if their friendships were real because apparently they couldn't trust her and violet enough to tell them this.

" then our job here is done. you've been warned? " a man says. " now we have to go defend our people. as it is, this side trip only gives us about an hour to reach them in time "