twenty

challenges had started up again, amelia had finished her challenge which she won over a girl in second wing. she was done for the day and was watching over maeve along with ridoc, violet, and liam. ridoc and liam weren't challenged today, while rhiannon and sawyer were over at a different mat and violet was challenged. 

 " come on maeve, remember your training! " liam yelled

she was going up against a girl from third wing, maeve was doing a lot better than before but she was going to need a miracle if she was going to win. 

amelia so badly wanted to shout advice to her, but knew she could get in trouble if she did. she nervously watched as the girl had maeve pinned. 

 " remember what we taught you! " ridoc shouted. 

 " kick her ass " violet said. 

maeve's eyes met with amelia's, she nodded at maeve almost seemingly telling what to do and how to get out of the hold the girl had her in. maeve nodded and did what amelia would have done to get out of the hold. 

 " that's it, now tighten " amelia said, maeve had girl in a chokehold. 

she smiled watching maeve, the girl might actually get a win today against someone who was a good fighter in her squad. 

 " i yield! " the girl shouted.

ridoc, sawyer, violet, and amelia screamed at those words and maeve came off the mat. she was thankful for all the help she had gotten from all of them, especially amelia and imogen who taught her the most. 

 " i knew you could do it " violet said hugging maeve. 

 " i learned from some of the best " 

they were all celebrating maeve's win when the professor had announced another fight,  " mat seventeen, jack barlowe from first wing versus...." violet and amelia looked at each other knowing it was going to be her.  " violet sorrengail "

the blood on liam's face drained while amelia, ridoc, and maeve looked at each other. it wasn't going to end in either violet kicking the shit out of jack or him killing her. 

 " no fucking way " ridoc mutters, shaking his head. 

amelia just crossed her arms and glared a jack who was celebrating, if it came to it then she would use her shield signet to help violet but it could also be risky. 

  " finally! " jack said throwing his arms in the air. 

violet was ready, but it still worried liam because he was supposed to be her protector and the third-years along with the second-years aren't here. 

 " you can do it vi " maeve said patting her back, violet gave her a smile and nodded. 

liam turned to ridoc, " guard her like you're me " he said as the group was walking. 

 " you mean like i'm six inches taller and built like a bull? " ridoc grinned, amelia snorted a little which ridoc gave her small for finding his comment funny. 

liam then turned to amelia and smiled, " if he hurts her, kill him " he patted amelia's head. 

he knew that amelia wouldn't allow jack to hurt violet, the elsher girl would gladly kill barlowe if he did.