7- Ⱥƀøᵾŧ łȺsŧ nɨǥħŧ

( -_•)╦̵̵̿╤─ ‪‪-'♡'-

☊⍨𝓐𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽- 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓪 𝓧⍨♬♪

↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺ 

"Keep up, Kumiko!" Maki said, speeding up his walking pace as I tried to stay near him.

"Your legs are just abnormally long. It's not my fault." I replied.

"And it's not my fault that you're just vertically challenged." he said, knowing that I was about to chase him and ran for it.

But we reached a red light, and I was able to catch up to him.

"I got you!" I jumped up on his back. It was quite comfy up there.

"Woah, I feel so tall now!" I spread my arms wide, as if I was  flying.

"Kawaii." I heard Maki mumble under his breath as the light turned green and we reached the ice cream shop.

I blushed at his comment and wrapped my arms around his neck.

As we approached the order counter, a man greeted us, his eyes smiling as he spoke, "Ahh, welcome. What can I get for you two?"

"Hello, Ahjussi." Maki greeted the worker, "What flavor do you want?" he asked me.

"Uh, lemon soft serve in a cone." Maki nodded.

"May we please get two lemon soft serve cones?" the worker nodded and grabbed the waffle cones.

"That would be 8.37, please." Ahjussi stated the price.

Maki got out his pocket money and payed for it. I still felt bad that he had to pay, but he insisted.

A few moments later, the worker handed us our ice cream and some napkins, "There you two go! And can I just say, you two make a really cute couple." He smiled at us.

"Oh we're not-" I got cut off by Maki accepting the compliment.

"Thank you, sir!" Maki bowed slightly and made a peace sign before walking to benches between the ice cream shop and the park.

"Why didn't you tell him that we aren't a couple?" I questioned as Maki gently let me off of his back.

He just shrugged his shoulders.

I scoffed at his response, blissfully licking my ice cream.

"Tsk, you eat so messily." Maki leaned in, wiping the mess I made with the ice cream off the side of my mouth.

I blushed at our proximity and the contact.

I looked over to him, we made eye contact again.

"M-Mari?"

I hummed in response.

"Please don't listen to Hayun anymore. Or don't even take what she's saying into consideration. You're not any  of those words that she called you, and even if we didn't get partnered up, I still wouldn't believe it."