Chapter 1. Resentment

There is no content warnings for this chapter. xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • •

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

"Ready?"

"Mm."

The car slows to a stop, blacked-out windows hiding the faces of visiting guests, heading into the infamous Jung Technologies tower. Large paned-windows detail the building and its complete thirty floors, a tint of blue hued to each window as they reflect the summer sky. An overhang covers part of the sidewalk, built with medals and beams of steel, all painted black to modernize the building. A large logo rests in the near-center of the building, lit-up from solar panels that rest on the roof of the tower.

Wooyoung scans the familiar company, a roll to his eyes as he takes a breath and places his hand on the handle of the car door, preparing himself from the onslaught of reporters and media-persons, all begging to ask questions about the future of his parent's company.

Wooyoung pushes the door open, already hearing the excitement roar through the photographers, all grasping at a chance to photograph Seoul's leading company's heir to the hypothetical throne, and Wooyoung had to swallow the grimace plaguing his expression.

One foot out of the car, he carefully drags himself out, slightly wincing at the power of the sun as it strikes him, gently caressing his duo-toned hair, laying over his black tresses while shimmering against the blonde peaks that are highlighted beneath. He had dyed his hair as an act of rebellion, but somehow, his change of hair had stricken up quite the conversation in the media, and now all of his Instagram posts are flooded with girls somehow hopeful that he'd choose to fall for them instead of his "boyfriend".

Choi San, his "boyfriend", was the son of media kingpin Choi Eun, who had been responsible for controlling most of Seoul's media outposts and news outlets. Together, the two families had struck a deal to rely on one another, hoping to combine their empires by forcing their sons into an estranged relationship.

San had always hated Wooyoung, but Wooyoung never knew the reason as to why. Personally, San had always seemed like a cold, selfish asshole, always hitting on random women and working out obsessively like some kind of meathead. Wooyoung never could particularly stand him, but now that he was forcibly dating him against his will, he swallows all of his dislike for the elder and holds out his hand for him.

San takes it, lacing their fingers together as they wordlessly trudge towards the main doors, hiding away from prying eyes and ignoring blabbering questions, hopeful to just walk inside and avoid questions about their "relationship."

There was an unspoken agreement between the two to never talk to the media about their "Romeo and Juliet-styled romance," considering that their parent's respective companies used to be sworn enemies. But, having reached an impasse, they somehow agreed to trust one another, and promised their son equally in an act of trust.