Chapter 21. Getaway

There is slight mentions of former abusive relationships within this chapter. Please do not read any further if you're sensitive to this subject.

 Please do not read any further if you're sensitive to this subject

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕‧₊˚

The morning broke, sunlight dancing across the plush bedding of Wooyoung's shared bed with San. Wooyoung had been awake, for awhile, glued to San's chest with his fingertips tracing across his skin gently. The contours of his chest and his midline, his abs and his ribs, every curve and every imperfection, acutely adored in the softness of the moment.

Wooyoung, despite all of the discrepancies that threaten their looming marriage, had never felt more secure in his life. San was a stable, steadfast place within his life. There had been not one, harboring doubt, settled within Wooyoung's mind about where his life would end up. He would be married, happily forging a life with San at the head of two powerful empires, living lavishly and comfortably, maybe with a cat or two joining them on their venture in life.

The shared comfort of being able to rely on one another, even amidst turmoil and treacherous waters, Wooyoung stayed afloat because of his deep infatuation and stoic love for San. There was no way Wooyoung would ever let San go, not now or ever. He was San's, so devotedly his, and he knew that San was his, too. They had chosen one another, forging a relationship built on mutual space that had seemed distant and abridged.

"G'morning, love," San grumbles quietly, his eyes still closed, voice gently toned in a haze of sleep.

"Hi, Sannie." Wooyoung murmurs, adjusting the way he had been laying, head tilting up towards San's, leaning closer to press a kiss to San's neck. "We need to leave soon, you know."

"Time's it?" San asks as he inhales tiredly, a lazy hand reaching up to rub at his eyes.

"Sometime around nine. I don't know, I've been awake for a while."

"Why didn't you wake me up?" San whines tiredly, his head turning to face Wooyoung with his brows slightly pinched.

"We've been through a lot in the past few days, love. I wanted you to rest." Wooyoung reassures, retracting his hand from San's chest, moving to cup his jaw. "Plus, I can sit here and admire you, so it's a bonus."

"That's not fair," San pouts, leaning closer, his hand gently grabbing Wooyoung's chin. "You get to watch me sleep, but I can't do the same?"

"You sleep longer than I do," Wooyoung smiles, his voice teasing.

"What if I want to watch you do other things?" San asks with a lilt to his voice, brows raising subtly.

"Hm, like what? Showering? Cooking?"