Chapter 16. Plead

There is written anxiety within this chapter, as well as non-explicit sexual content and yelling/confrontation. Themes about neglectful/abusive/controlling parental figures are also discussed. Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

The weight of the world settles on Wooyoung's shoulders, pulsating over his skin, sinking into his core, forming like a mass of a few bricks to hover above his heart. Everything feels heavy suddenly, and yet, Wooyoung knew there was nothing he could do to avoid his crashing state of peace. He had been so happy, so blissed out of his mind and content, now bundled in a warped sense of anxiety and looming fear.

His hands are shaking, eyes looking down at San as the male's gaze searches over his phone screen, letting the weight of their situation create a cavern between them. Wooyoung would rather do anything else but confront this, knowing how his parents would be armed with violent words and demanding lectures, all aimed to lessen his self-worth. He was just a body, attached to a signed agreement forged in ink, portraying an image that was only beneficial to his parents and nothing more. He knew their relationship was nearly non-existent, and the hope for them to even be slightly understanding was well gone with the wind.

"Jagi–" San says with a quiet breath, turning off the phone and setting it down on his lap. "Hey, can you look at me?"

Wooyoung knows that the moment he looks at San to meet his overly fond gaze, he would simply shatter into pieces. He had spent so long trying to avoid something like this, a simple mishap within their delicately forged plan, even if it threatened to ruin next to nothing. They could easily go out tomorrow and make amends, now fully able to show loving affection without fear of crossing unknown boundaries. Yet, Wooyoung can't help but feel dread sinking into his bones. Every fiber of his being was shaking with fear, something uncertain, something Wooyoung couldn't exactly place. He doesn't want to lose San over something like this, a gap in thinking when his emotions felt to be too much, but the fear felt deeper than that.

Wooyoung can't even protest when San tenderly moves his fingers beneath his chin, gently raising his gaze to meet his own. Tears sank down the sill of Wooyoung's cheeks, looking back at the somber, empathetic gaze that San had held, wondering why it suddenly became so easy to break into pieces with one simple look. Wooyoung crumbles, leaning forward, wrapping his arms around San's neck and burying his face into his shoulder, letting a shuttering, shaky breath pass through his lungs.

"Baby," San frowns. "It's okay. It's an easy fix, yeah?"

"I ruined it–" Wooyoung breathes, hugging San tighter, feeling the male's hands soothe the skin along his spine. "I ruined us and I ruined the plan–"