Chapter 7. Fracture

There is a written anxiety attack in this chapter. Please do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

"I don't necessarily want to go, either." San remarks, a bottle of soju in his palm. "Meetings with both of our parents present isn't an ideal situation."

"Yeah," Wooyoung sighs. "Mainly because it means that they need to scold us about something we did."

"They're not going to mention the grocery store, Woo." San tries to assure, but Wooyoung is unconvinced.

"I know it's been like three days since then, but I'm still upset that they ambushed us like that. They act like we aren't people and that we aren't allowed to experience normal human things."

"I know. They're vultures." San takes a drink of his soju, leaning back into his chair slightly. They were settled on the balcony, staring out into the city as the sun lowered beyond the horizon, the sky fading from an array of deepening colors, overcasted by the pull of dark navy. Wooyoung was sitting in a chair to San's left, leaned forward with his lower arms resting on his knees, half-glancing between the glass of wine in his hands and the city before him.

They had been here for about an hour, talking about anything that came to mind until Yeosang had texted Wooyoung a reminder about the meeting with their parents tomorrow, in regards to the arrangement and its details. Wooyoung had no idea what it could actually be about, thinking that they were dragging them there for a bigger purpose, considering that it was hard enough to drag San's father away from his desk as it was. So, just knowing that alone, Wooyoung knew it had to be bigger than just some minute details.

"They're more like cockroaches." Wooyoung mumbles. "I feel like I'm not allowed to breathe with them present."

"I get it." San agrees, glancing over at the male. "We'll just have to be more careful."

"I hate that we have to be. Does the press realize that there's other celebrities to pay attention to? There's full blown idols and movie stars walking around Seoul without issue, but here we are, running into the store for a bout of fun, and we get fucked."

"We're a hot topic right now, Wooyoung." San takes another drink. "My father has made a rather huge name for himself in Korea, so pairing up with your parents was a genius move, even if it cost us a private life."

"One day, when all of this shit dies down, I want to go on vacation." Wooyoung sighs, moving to lean back into his seat. "Somewhere far away from here, and somewhere that's secluded. I just want time to myself and with my friends, somewhere I can be worry-free and just sit in a hot tub with a bottle of wine."

"That sounds nice, actually." San admits. "I want to do something like that, too."

"I'd offer for you to come with me, but your girlfriend might cut my head off."