Chapter 22. Objection

There is no trigger warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

The morning light wakes Wooyoung at an early hour, eyes blinking open to the serene sounds of calming quiet, undisturbed in the solace of the forest. With a deep inhale, Wooyoung sits upright, stretching his arms out, turning to see San missing from his spot in bed. However, by the growing scent of coffee and bacon, Wooyoung knew exactly where his lover had been.

Grabbing his phone and tossing the blankets aside, Wooyoung tiredly shuffled out of bed, leaving the safety of the bedroom to trek into the open-concept living space, seeing San standing at the stove, humming quietly to music playing from his phone.

Wooyoung bit down on his lower lip, approaching with a sleepy smile, wrapping his arms around San and pressing a kiss to his shoulder before gently resting against him. San hums contently, reaching a hand down, wrapping around Wooyoung's wrist as he continues to cook.

"Hi," Wooyoung murmurs, smiling when he hears San quietly chuckle.

"Hi, jagi." San responds, moving his hand to turn off the stove's burner. "How are you, love?"

"Sleepy."

"Mmh." San acknowledges, a smile audible through his subtle tone. "Hungry?"

"Yeah." Wooyoung takes in a breath, leaning away from San. "Thanks for cooking breakfast, Sannie."

"You don't have to thank me." San turns to look over his shoulder, smiling warmly. "Go sit, please. I'll bring you a plate."

Wooyoung nods, striding away, leaving San to attend to his pan full of bacon and pot of brewing coffee. Settling on the couch, Wooyoung tucks himself into the corner, tugging a blanket over his lap as he patiently waits, content to just look out of the large windows ahead of him, observing the bright sunlight that casts between gently swaying branches and cascading leaves. The morning had been beautiful and serene, a testament to how their time away had truly felt.

It was healing to be able to enjoy something as blissful as this with San, settling into a domestic setting, far away from everything that felt like a heavy cloud. The dramatics, the obligations and the suffocation of overbearing and controlling parents felt like a distant memory, glued to an infatuation with nature and the quiet it provided, while also relishing in the intimate delicacies that forged their relationship.

The little things, just like this, made Wooyoung's heart swell. Breakfast in the morning, shared quiet, sleepy voices and shared warmth; all things Wooyoung would never let go of. San was going to be by his side for a long time, forever probably, and the thought of that sends a smile to his lips, lost in a bout of thought, listening as San messes about the kitchen.