Chapter 14. Reach

There is mentions of a toxic relationship that involves verbal abuse as well as emotional neglect and domestic violence. There is written confrontation within the chapter as well, so please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 There is written confrontation within the chapter as well, so please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐒𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

San closes the front door behind him, chewing on his lower lip, eyes drifting upwards to spot Sun-hee staring at him from the middle of the room with her arms folded to her chest. He could visibly see her anger, let alone feel the tension radiating between them, not to mention that this entire argument is exactly what he had been trying to avoid all along.

"What the hell was that about?"

"What?" San's voice raises slightly, irritation growing in his tone.

"Why the fuck are you chasing after him?"

"Because I care about him? Do I need permission to go check on him?!"

"Uhm, yeah! You do, in fact! I'm your girlfriend, in case you forgot." Sun-hee rolls her eyes, phone stuck in her hand.

San glances down at her phone, then looks away, moving into the kitchen to fish a bottle of soju out of the fridge. He needed to access her photos and her messages if all of this was even a fraction of the price it was costing. This wasn't how he had wanted to spend his morning, but he wanted to break everything off. He wanted a real relationship with Wooyoung, but this entire plan he had thought up with Hongjoong and Mingi was burning everything he had into ashes.

"Oh yeah, San. Drink more alcohol. Everyday that you decide to do that, the more that you'll eventually turn into your mother."

San stops in his tracks, closing the refrigerator door, the cold bottle of soju glued to his palm. "What. . . did you just say?"

"You heard me. Do you want to become an alcoholic, San?"

"No, what the fuck are you on about?"

Sun-hee scoffs. "Maybe if you didn't drink soju every fucking day that you were awake, none of this would be happening."

"This?" San's brows furrow. "What the fuck do you mean by this?"

"You're cheating on me, obviously." Sun-hee raises a brow. "Don't worry, I knew you'd fall for his annoying ass, anyway. I saw this coming."

San is baffled, to say the least. He has no idea what she thinks she's talking about, let alone what she thinks she knows, but he had only just slept with Wooyoung last night. There was nothing more than that.