Chapter 6. Pressure

There is a written anxiety-induced episode/panic attack within this chapter. Please do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

Two weeks pass. Wooyoung had attended business meetings and played the role of dutiful son to appease his parents in an effort to make up for what they had called a 'weak performance' during the press release. On the other hand, in their spare time, Wooyoung and San tried to spend time together in an attempt to better learn about one another's interests and dislikes, hobbies and habits, doing everything they can to strengthen their lie to appear in a happier fake-relationship.

Their typical time spent together was on the couch, watching horrible horror movies to laugh at and make fun of, or other times, they would sit through a random korean drama. But almost every single time, without fail, Wooyoung and San spent more time talking to one another and then proceeded to miss half of the storyline to whatever they were watching.

Wooyoung was comfortable in the apartment now, tossing smiles at San and laughing at him nearly everyday, settling into a bond that seemed incredibly unlikely. But now, being stuck in this mess together, Wooyoung felt reassured and calm, knowing that he could confide in the one person who may understand every single problem he could face.

San and Sun-hee were still together, to Wooyoung's dismay, but she had elected to come around less often, only showing up whenever Wooyoung wasn't present. So, in the last two weeks, Wooyoung has seen her once. He was coming back home and she happened to be in the kitchen, but once the two had made eye contact, she didn't miss her opportunity to scowl at the male. Wooyoung simply smiled at her and walked off.

Now, it was Friday. Wooyoung had just gotten home from the company, settled on the couch with his mind in a haze. He had spent an awfully long time monitoring his mother's schedule and planning her meetings, trying his best to get through a mountain of paperwork before he had to be home for dinner. Yeosang tried to assure Wooyoung that he'd handle most of the paperwork, since he was his mother's assistant after all, but Wooyoung waved him off and remained insistent that he could do it himself.

It took him nearly six hours to get through everything that she had asked, setting the folders and stack of papers back on her desk without a note, but with a signature on the final form saying that it was complete. Wooyoung was tired of looking at numbers, tired of meetings, tired of talking to people he doesn't care to know, but most of all, he was tired of being his mother's punching bag.

He knew why she was giving him most of the work, given that she believes working her son like this was a 'lesson' that he apparently had to learn, but even still, he finds the hounding behavior unnecessary. Yeosang was a very capable employee, and more than once has Wooyoung's mother expressed her gratitude for him, yet she always piled her work on Wooyoung's shoulders, claiming that the male needed more practice. He knew he needed more experience to smoothly run a very successful technology company, but planning meetings and running stock numbers felt far from the experience he really needed.