Chapter 13. Confused

There is implied homophobia in this chapter (one mention), confrontation/yelling/arguing, as well as rushes of anxiety/panic. Please avoid reading any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please avoid reading any further if these topics are sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"But why Stephen King?" San asks, nestled behind Wooyoung, arms wrapped around the male's waist. "Out of all horror authors, you pick the most American author out there."

"I like the way he writes!" Wooyoung defends groggily. "His stories just have a way of pulling you in, and I like that. I like how dark they can be, because they always convey a deeper meaning."

"That makes sense," San agrees. "But I still think you should look into something better."

"Then show me some, hm?" Wooyoung teases quietly, turning his head towards San, smiling.

"I will," San leans forward, pressing a kiss to Wooyoung's lips. "I promise."

"You better." Wooyoung turns away again, settling into his pillow.

"This is nice," San mentions after a minute of quiet, pressing a kiss to Wooyoung's shoulder. "Promise me we won't go back to how we were tomorrow."

"I don't like to make promises," Wooyoung says gently. "But I already told you that now that I have you, I'm never letting go."

"It's a good thing we're getting married, then." San snuggles closer, pressing his face into the back of Wooyoung's neck.

"Now you're really stuck with my dramatic ass." Wooyoung chastises, quietly laughing.

"I'm perfectly okay with that." San sighs contently. "Thank you for all of this."

"You don't have to thank me." Wooyoung reassures, grabbing San's hand and lacing their fingers together, keeping the hold gentle near his stomach. "If anything, I should be thanking you."

"For what?"

"For not giving up on me like everyone else has."

"Wooyoung–"

"No, just–" Wooyoung closes his eyes, "it's not something I like to talk about. Just know that everyone has treated me like an object and left me afterwards. The one person that I tried to get close to like this rejected me, and I've been in pieces since then."

"I won't do that to you." San says softly, voice warm and comforting. "You are worth so much more than that, and whoever did that to you is surely missing out."