Chapter 23. Aftermath

There is small mentions of abuse/domestic violence within the chapter. Please be advised and do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please be advised and do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

Wooyoung's heart drops. The loud echo of voices screaming in the space around him bounces off of the interior of his mind, creating a whirlwind of emotions that felt hard to understand. Two hands find his shoulders, gently turning him around just as his phone falls out of his hand, greeting the floor with an audible smack. His eyes blur with tears, breath caught in his throat, the room suddenly spinning in a twirl of unexpected turmoil.

"Wooyoung–" a voice breaks through the haze, fingers curling into his skin as they try to break the stupor Wooyoung had been sucked into. "Hey, please. Let's get out of here."

Wooyoung's eyes shoot upwards, blinking twice, letting the blur of tears gently dissipate before Seonghwa comes into view, a breath forcing its way into his lungs. "Hwa–"

"It's okay. We need to go. The media is crazy right now and we need to leave before they crowd this place."

"But Sannie," Wooyoung mumbles beyond the flood of tears, his gaze moving to look over Seonghwa's shoulder, in search of the open doorway to look for his partner.

"Yeosang is getting him, Wooyoung. But we can't wait, we need to leave–"

"What the fuck?!" Wooyoung turns around in time to see his father staring at the television, the news story breaking even further, spreading amongst a celebrity gossip channel, churning the fire even brighter. Wooyoung watches in horror, feeling Seonghwa grip his hand, trying to entice the male to escape from the clutches of this oppressive room.

"Did you know about this?" Wooyoung's mother approaches, a scowl smeared across her expression.

"No, I–"

"He had a girlfriend? He's been dating someone this entire time?!" She accuses, cutting Wooyoung's words off with enraged spite. Wooyoung eyes her in a wave of shock, jaw tightening, unsure of how to properly diffuse the bomb that had begun to tick away within the room, knowing that anything he could say would likely set his father off.

"I didn't know–" Wooyoung shakes his head, taking a step backward, gripping onto Seonghwa's hand.

"Bullshit!" His mother closes the distance between them, pointing to Beomgyu. "He would never let something like this happen. You're the oldest! Fucking act like it!"

"I didn't know!" Wooyoung nearly yells back, allowing Seonghwa to continue his pull on his hand, taking more steps backwards. "Quit accusing me of something I didn't know!"