Chapter 5. Incoherent

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

The day comes and goes. Wooyoung spends an agonizing amount of time in his room after his day spent bonding with San, ignoring everything and everyone. His mind was on overdrive, thinking too much about the non-important things while glossing over everything that felt pressing. He thought his anxiety would've simmered away by this point, but if anything, it had heightened an unnecessary amount.

It was nearly eight, so Wooyoung was standing in front of his mirror, chewing on his lip as he tried to decide if his outfit was appropriate enough for an outing with his friends. He was sure the press might spot him, so if that was the case, he knew he needed to clean up his act. He needed to look happy and blissful, not dejected and anxious like he had been.

San had only popped in once to check in on him throughout the day, asking if he wanted anything from an eatery nearby, but Wooyoung declined, having already ordered a feast of chicken and tteokbokki. San had left the apartment since then, and Wooyoung truthfully had no idea where he went. He could've gone to the gym or to a bar with his friends, but he really wasn't Wooyoung's priority. Wooyoung had no say in San's daily ventures, so he didn't care. He was just happy that the apartment finally felt lighter than it had been in months.

Having received a ping on his phone, Wooyoung takes one last look at his button-up black shirt, fit with an array of jewelry across his neck and ears, matched with ripped jeans and laced boots, subtle enough to not draw too much attention, but easily showing that there was enough thought put into it if he were to be seen.

He strides out of his room, phone and wallet in hand, grabbing his keys on the way out of the front door, locking it afterwards. The ride in the elevator is quiet, airlocks and gears shifting as the elevator lowers to the ground floor, stopping gently and dinging quietly once it reaches its destination. Wooyoung carefully eyes the area around him, spotting no immediate press in sight as he travels to the side door, finding his driver and ride for the night, settling into the backseat without a fuss.

After explaining where he was going, the driver proceeds to the route, driving without protest as Wooyoung glues his attention to his phone, licking his bottom lip absentmindedly. He had tried to avoid the media regarding the press release associated with his meltdown, wanting to ignore the ignorance likely hidden within reporter statements in regards to his panic attack. He didn't want to feel like a failure on top of everything else that he had been feeling, so simply avoiding social media for the time being was likely best. To his surprise however, he receives a text from his soon-to-be fake-husband.

San

I'm out with Mingi currently, but I've caught word that you're heading out too. Where are you headed?