Chapter 19. Future

There is very minor mentions of mental health topics and domestic violence within this chapter. Please be advised and avoid reading any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please be advised and avoid reading any further if these topics are sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Sannie–" Wooyoung muses, walking towards the living room couch, a smile set across his lips.

"Yes, love?" San turns his head away from the television, eyes cast upwards, looking at his partner fondly.

"I have an idea to propose to you," Wooyoung says, making his way around the edge of the couch. San spreads his legs slightly, Wooyoung settling down, straddling his lap. San's right hand rests on his hip, the left leaving soothing drags up and down his side, smiling at him as his head tilts back slightly, keeping eye contact with him.

"Okay?" San asks curiously, encouraging Wooyoung to keep talking.

"I talked to Hwa," Wooyoung starts, earning a smile from San.

"That's never good."

"Stop it." Wooyoung smacks San's chest lightly, smiling regardless. "I think we should go on a double date with him and Joong."

"Ah," San nods. "Hongjoong has mentioned this idea to me before."

"Well, we get married in five days, so," Wooyoung's voice grows small, catching San's attention.

"Hey," Wooyoung looks down, avoiding San's gaze. He can feel San's eyes on him worriedly, the male's hand leaving his side to trail beneath his chin, pushing upwards gently. "Look at me, Woo."

Wooyoung meets his gaze, hesitant, anticipating a rush of different things, but all San does is smile at him. Wooyoung feels his heart flutter, the worry drifting away, caught in a place between longing and a wish for peace hanging in the balance. Marriage had seemed like a venture to be exploring way too soon, but he really loved San. The last thing he ever wanted was for San to believe that he didn't love him or want this, even if he had expressed it at least three times a day out of an anxious habit.

Since their run in with Yeonjun and a heartfelt discussion within the safety of their apartment, the days passed by without issue. They stayed inside, watching the media divulge into the details of their relationship with obsessive tendencies, trying to uncover the mound of rumors and lies that weighed over their image. They spent a lot of time together, soaking in dramatic shows and some of Wooyoung's favorite horror movies, while basking in the ability to touch naked skin within the safety of their bed, exploring the expanse of their love for one another behind a locked door.