Chapter 25. Break

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

The moment San leaves, Wooyoung sinks back into bed, tugging the comforter over his legs and pressing into his cold pillow, hoping to distract away from the anxiety that came as a result of San's discussion with his father. Wooyoung didn't know what could come of a conversation between the two, but if San was adamant about wanting to discuss things, then Wooyoung wouldn't stop him.

He knew that San was just trying to repair everything because he had felt responsible for the collapse of their entire arrangement. Wooyoung didn't blame him like his parents had, or some of Seoul's oblivious and disgusting people who had watched the entire thing erupt into flames. Truthfully, Wooyoung just wanted San home. There was nothing they could do to repair everything, considering statements had been put out by both parties expressing the slightly overly dramatic details in respect to their separation.

Wooyoung had listened to his mother harass him for several minutes on a phone call, yelling and ranting in a tangent, expressing her disapproval for Wooyoung's continued relationship with San despite it all, and even as he tried to make her listen, she simply refused. She ignored every word, every plea for understanding, every simple reach Wooyoung could muster in a broken voice, hoping that the pain from her own son would be enough to catch her attention. But, she continued, raving about how San was a cheater and was manipulative, getting into Wooyoung's bed when he had someone else in his. After a grueling near-twenty minutes on the phone, Wooyoung snapped, his composure lost, letting venomous words echo off of his tongue, bleeding through with the only honesty he could ravage. "San isn't a cheater. Fuck you and fuck off."

Ever since then, it has been near silence. His parents continued to parade Beomgyu and Sun-hee around, distracting from the turmoil in relation to their 'failure' of their other son, but Wooyoung didn't care. He had San, and somehow, even despite all of this, Wooyoung felt hopeful.

He wasn't sure if his parents would arrange to marry him off again, especially since that was all they knew for apparent years. His family spent decades forcing their sons and daughters into relationships they likely didn't want because of a duty to uphold the family name.

Wooyoung didn't want this anymore. This pressure to be at the head table, to make financial decisions and keep the status of Jung Technologies at its peak while also rising even higher. To manage an empire with a stern grasp, to order around employees in the same manner his parents had; it wasn't what he wanted for his future. For so long, Wooyoung had spent years knowing that this future awaited him, settling into a forced marriage to secure the title of holding the most power one could ever take advantage of.