Chapter 24. Truth

There is a minor mention of abuse/domestic violence within the chapter. Please do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐒𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

A week passes.

With their arranged marriage crumbling into a shredded document, Eun Media and Jung Technologies parted ways. San's father had run to the media almost immediately, stating that San's marriage to Wooyoung was no longer happening, but also pleading with the press to give both males the space and privacy amidst their separation.

San wasn't completely sure why his father found it necessary to make a public statement in regards to the broken marriage, considering that he was still in a relationship with Wooyoung, but he had no say in the matter.

His father was furious, arranging a lawyer and a statement in regards to the abandonment of their agreement, while also canceling the lease on the apartment. They would have until the end of the month to find another place to live, leaving them the space to settle into what felt like the last bits of freedom they could maintain.

San didn't want this. Sun-hee's final act of revenge was over the line, crossing over so many boundaries and morals that San now realized she never withheld. It seemed as if she would do anything to keep San to herself, regardless of the light that shone on herself. The opinions of others meant nothing to her, which had been the case in terms of how she saw herself in the time San had been with her. She held no respect for others, nor did she care to live under the standards of society. But, with that, came an overwhelming urge to possess everything she could, fueled by jealousy and unkempt worry, holding onto whatever she could with an iron grasp. In terms of San, she was trying to dig her claws in, a fickle attempt of pulling him back to her with baseless accusations and an exposure of a secret San had promised to never share.

Sitting upright in bed, San watches Wooyoung sleep, his breaths deep and peaceful, a state that San wishes he could keep Wooyoung contained in. Wooyoung had been incredibly anxious the last few days, struggling to focus and remain content within the safety of the apartment. San knew that he was overthinking and dealing with a lot, especially due to rage messages and angry phone calls from his parents. They had been demanding him to leave the apartment early, to come home to avoid more rumors involving their living situation. San wasn't sure what Wooyoung had exactly said to his mother, but he knew it was a near-breaking point when he heard the call be cut off with Wooyoung's irate tone muttering fuck off.

Since then, Wooyoung has heard nothing from his parents. That was almost three days ago. He had been a little calmer, but he seemed restless. He was having a hard time sleeping, and once he was asleep, he could barely stay asleep. This situation had completely thrown off his entire routine, melting his focus down into an anxious mess, one that San desperately sought to resolve. But, he felt nearly useless. He wasn't sure how to help him or keep him calm, knowing that his anxiety stemmed from a place of worry, associating his fears with the inevitable reality where they'd have to go separate ways.