CHAPTER 2

SEVILLE, SPAIN

TWO WEEKS AGO

Ruby St. Clair's POV

Two more hours before my shift ends. My feet were sore from standing for the past hours and I was tired and hungry. I arrived in Spain a few days ago from Morocco and luckily to find a job in this little Spanish restaurant as a waitress. The pay was good and it was near to the place I leased for my apartment. It seems that I would be celebrating my Christmas here in Spain.

I saw a newcomer seated on the table near the glass window of the restaurant. Since my fellow waitresses were busy serving the other customers. Even though, I'm freaking tired I forced myself to walk to their table and get their order. I silently gave the menu and the woman smiled and thanks me in English unknowingly.

While looking at the menu the man was clearly flirting with the woman. I nearly rolled my eyes. Another sweet-talking womanizer how many did I encounter today with the same hateful personality like him? Too many to remember.

Someone called for my service on the other table nearby. What do they want now? I asked myself a little irritated. They were so demanding for their lunch. "Excuse me," I said to this striking couple.  "I will come back later to take your orders. Those people over there couldn't be satisfied with their orders."

So I went to the demanding customers and get their request for another pitcher of iced tea. I went back to the striking couple patiently waiting for me to take their orders.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I said, fishing out my notebook on my waist apron. "Are you ready to order?"

"Yes," The guy answered, I guessed that this man was a rich one while the woman seems like a princess or something. Well, I don't care. All I want was to finish my shift so I could go home and get some rest. I'm tired as hell. "Anything else?" I list down their order in my small notebook before walking away from them.

"That would be all," The guy announced firmly in English.

What with his snappy tone? I asked myself silently, gazing down at him. I don't like this guy. "Okay."

After I gave their order in the kitchen, the cooks immediately prepared their ordered food. I glanced at my twist watch. One hour and thirty minutes more before my shift ends. How I wish the time would fly so fast so I can go home already.

After a moment, I placed the orders of the striking couple near the window at their table. My eyes narrowed at them. I got a feeling that they were gossiping about me. "Have a nice lunch."

I placed their food on the table. I couldn't miss the way the woman with remarkable light green eyes. Those eyes that were a shade lighter than mine lit at the sight of her food. I smiled slightly at how she devoured her food. So she wasn't one of those women who only eat a small amount of food to maintain her figure. A woman after my own heart, I thought silently.

A throaty growl from a premium engine of a pricey sports car drew my attention to the street-as everyone else in the restaurant. The most gorgeous man you could ever see slid out of the car with the dark-haired woman in his arms. Another womanizer to add to my list of most hated people on earth had just graced our presence.

It seems that every female inside the bistro sighed with envy when they noticed the beautiful woman walking beside him. Placing a ready-made smiled on my face, I walked where they chose to be seated and offer them the menu. I could do this I could survive this day without exploding. I have so much faith in myself.

They both accept the menu and murmured their thanks absently. The woman was openly scowling while looking around the place. She said in rapid Spanish to her date. "Where in the world do you find this place, Roman? I can't even see a familiar face here."