CHAPTER 18

Ruby St. Clair's POV

I felt that everything happened in a blink of an eye. One moment I was aware that I was just cooking breakfast in Roman's state-of-the-art kitchen—then the next I was carted to a foreign destination.

What's worse after his private plane landed in Italy he has only given me an hour to shop for a dress fit for a party we're going to attend. What annoyed me the most was the fact that he kept on reminding me that our hosts were royals that why I need to dress properly.

Did I ever dress indecently before I asked him and he answered me with a plain yes? Okay, scratch that—so I was known for not following the dress code when attending the party but who could blame me? Following the dress code is boring one should remember that.

So here I was, standing in the huge living room of the Calvettis surrounded by priceless paintings and gilded things. As I thought before we even arrived here these Calvettis would get along with Daniel St. Clair they never let the opportunity to show other people their immense wealth.

"You look bored, Red."

Roman dragged me out of my reverie. I smiled thinly in his direction. "You have no idea, dear husband. This kind of party bored me to tears within seconds I enter the room. Few more moments and I assure you I will pass out."

He dipped his head and whispered something in my ears. "I know something you might like to keep you awake."

I eyed him acidly. I knew once he opened his mouth there's no good thing that could come out of it. He's really a devil incarnate but I couldn't deny the fact that how he's sinfully handsome he was when he's wearing a tux. "Watch your mouth, mister. Or you will not like my retort to your innuendo."

He grinned evilly in my direction, his eyes held deviltry in their depth. "You really have such parched humor."

I gave him a fake smile on my face. "I just don't have time for flirtatious conversation with men, that's all. So if you could just save your playful talk with other women who would appreciate it, Roman."

He clicked his tongue, taking a fluke of champagne from the passing waitress. "Ah, but it's my wife that I want to have this kind of talk."

I eyed him cursory lowering my voice. I eyed sideways making sure no one was near us to overhear our conversation. "Your innuendo will not get you anywhere near my bed, Roman. So I word of advice? I hate to inform you but I am immune to your charm."

He sipped his champagne leisurely while never taking off his eyes on me. "Ah, but I've been there before, my darling wife, and I intend to repeat the experience sooner."

I gasped at his bold announcement. This man was really something else. He's the only man I've known as far as I am concern to openly admit his campaign of seduction. "Like hell, I will let you do that."

"Oh, you will." He whispered softly again in my ears. "Soon you will not be able to resist my charm and you will invite me back to your bed. But let me remind you now, you are always welcome to mine anytime."

I gave him a saccharine smile, closing the distance between us. I brushed off the invisible fleck in his expensive tuxedo while gazing adoringly at him. To people who were probably looking at us from the distance, we looked like an ordinary couple who were in love but we're not. "If we are not in this party I will grab your balls and squeeze them as hard as I can."

"Ouch." He said playfully, sneaking his hand at my lower back as he drew me closer to his hard chest. My breath was caught at the unexpected move. "The one you should grabbing is their brother and I think we will enjoy the consequence of it. That reminds me of what I want to do since we arrived." He eyes my lips sensually. "Did I tell you how beautiful you are tonight? I want to peel off your evening dress right this moment red really looks good on you."