CHAPTER 11

Ruby St. Clair's POV

"We need to talk."

I looked up at my twin sister who storm in the penthouse like whirlwind. I didn't see Emerald for days since our grandfather asked for a favor and landed me at the mercy of my secret husband. In short, I became the very personal chef of Roman Vasquez, my husband for one month now.

"Gladly," I answered with a lack of enthusiasm. I closed the cookbook I'd been reading for new recipes that my new boss might like. I knew I cannot dodge Emerald forever. "What do you want to talk about, Em?"

Emerald threw her designer bag on the white sofa and sat next to me. "Rumors were circulating about you in The Jewel that something is going on between you and the mysterious man that showed up here the day after your return, Miss Ruby. Care to enlighten your curious twin sister about it?"

I tried keeping my face remained expressionless but it was hard when my twin sister looked at me with the St. Clair all-knowing eyes.

"What kind of rumors?" I asked softly, avoiding her gaze. I don't think I like where this conversation leads.

My twin sister looked at me in the eyes squarely. "Are you going to deny the fact that you have nothing to do with that gorgeous hunk, Red? You know you can't lie to me. I am your twin sister, remember?"

"Really, Em? Gorgeous hunk? Is that how you see him? Hunk? I think you need glasses, dear." I snorted, as I echoed my twin's description of Roman Vasquez.

"Are you going to deny that fact too, sis?" Emerald raised an eyebrow in my direction. "I have a very clear vision. I know how to appreciate a man's beauty. That Spanish man is the epitome of a male splendor."

I shook my head resolutely. "No. I'm not going to deny that, Em. There's something wrong with your eyesight. That man is not handsome as you think plus he's so arrogant, mind you. He's taking no for an answer."

"Whatever you say, sis. So, let's hear it." Emerald said casually, crossing her legs making herself comfortable with the expensive designer dress she'd been wearing. "What's the deal between the two of you?" When I hesitated to answer, my twin becomes impatient waiting for the answer she desperately wants. "What?" Emerald snapped at me. "Are you going to tell me or what?"

"What do you want to know?" I asked ruefully. I knew when I was at my dead-end no escape route.

"Everything!" My twin sister had said too eagerly, her eyes gleamed with curiosity. "You can start with his name. What's his name I'm curious about his name since the day I found him standing in my doorway looking for you."

I sighed deeply, rubbing my palm together. I knew too well that Emerald would not stop from her track until she gets the answer she so badly wants. From the determined set of her aristocratic eyebrow, she plans to get those answers right this moment. So what choice do I have to give the information she needs.

"His name is Roman Vasquez." I started reluctantly. "I met him in Spain three weeks ago in an unfortunate event and from that day on my life get tangled with his."

"Tangled?" Emerald repeated too cheerfully for my liking. "How did you become tangled with the likes of him?"

I shrugged casually. My lips twitched with a smile, Emerald always interrupts me when she's so interested in something. She never changed in the past years that I was away. I remembered those bittersweet memories of me and Roman in Spain before we slept together and ruined everything. He didn't want a virgin wife.

"Ruby...?" Emerald asked worriedly. "Are you all right, sis?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I murmured looking at my twin's concerned face. "The thing is, when I met him in Spain I was in a dire situation."