CHAPTER 23

Roman Vasquez's POV

It's almost been a week since our date and so far I could say that I'm making progress with the status of my relationship with Red. And it had me thinking since that day she's looking at the pair of earrings on the display window that she silently likes them.

I wasted no time the following day I purchased them hoping she would be delighted when she saw them but I was mistaken. Her eyes narrowed upon seeing the velvet box containing the diamond earrings. She accused me of wasting my money on the useless gifts she didn't want. She even instructed me to return the earrings and refund my money at the jewelry shop. When I told her that I cannot do that she had to sell them online to get my money back.

It occurred to me that day that she wasn't like any other women that would be delighted when you gave her jewelry pieces. That's not hard to imagine since she practically grew up surrounded by precious stones her grandfather owns a jewelry empire after all.

My wife wasn't a fan of presenting her gifts without real meaning for her. I bet she would be more thrilled if I buy her new skillet than earrings worth thousands of dollars. But I want to give her the present that would mean to her. I hope that gift would remind her of me everything she sees it.

Now I stood at the lobby of the flagship store of their jewelry empire where every one of her sisters works except for her. I finally managed to book an appointment with her oldest sister who was also the lead jewelry designer of their brand.

I walked towards the reception area and smiled at the woman behind the counter. "Good morning, I have an appointment to Amethyst St. Clair today. I am Roman Vasquez."

The woman instantly recognized me. "Of course, Ms. St. Clair's secretary informed us that you are coming today. This way please."

She led me to the private elevator. She brought me to the seventeenth floor where the Amethyst St. Clair's private office was located.

"This is Mr. Vasquez." The receptionist introduced me to the woman sitting outside the glass office. She must be Amethyst's secretary.

The woman stood from her chair and smiled pleasantly in my direction. "Ms. St. Clair is waiting for you." She knocked at the door before peeking inside. "Mr. Vasquez is here, ma'am."

"Send him in." I heard my sister-in-law replied inside her office.

I murmured my thanks before coming inside the office. I couldn't help but admire her modern-style office. Everything seems to be made of glass so neat and clean to look at. I also notice the portraits of jewelry collections hangs on the wall. Then there's also a huge picture of Emerald on the wall behind the table of Amethyst she was probably in her teens when this picture was taken adorned with diamonds for a moment I thought it was my wife.

"Nice to see you again." I greeted with a ready smile on my face. I extended my hand in her direction for a handshake. "Sorry for asking private meeting with such short notice."

But she surprise me when she stood from her chair and move to where I was standing and gave me a warm hug. "There's no need to be formal. We're technically family now. I know it's already late but let me welcome you to the family formally."

For a moment I just stood still I couldn't move. There was a lump in my throat, it caught me off guard I didn't know how to return her kindness and warm welcome. So I slowly return the hug she gave me when she pulled away she was grinning at me.

I smiled back but my gaze was once again drawn at the portrait behind her. There was something about this picture that I couldn't take off my eyes on it.