CHAPTER 12

Roman Vasquez's POV

"We need to talk."

My wife sighed as she cooked breakfast for me the following morning. "Really?" She snapped at me angrily. I could see from her pretty eyes the irritation upon hearing my voice. "Is that the new thing to greet people today? 'We need to talk'."

I, who had planned this whole thing last night before I go to sleep missing my wife sleeping next to me terribly couldn't help the quirk smile slipping on my face. "What I have done to be on the wrong side of you early this morning, Red?"

"Nothing," She said abruptly, but the way she stirred the mixture was quite alarming. "Emerald used those same lines to me yesterday. And now you."

"And that is my fault?" I asked with a smile while tying my necktie next to the kitchen counter where she's cooking. I like seeing her in my kitchen early morning and concentrating on her cooking.

"Did I say it was?" Green eyes flashed with annoyance.

She didn't have to voice it out loud, I mused silently. But it was high time to have this conversation. I know she's still pissed off that the person she's desperately trying to avoid now seems closer to her than she likes. The only person I could thank for this good fate was none other than her dear grandfather who turned out to be on my side in keeping my Red with me even after three months are over.

"We need to talk, Red," I repeated with firm determination in my voice. Daniel might help me in keeping my wife to my side but I need to do my part in this game.

A sighed escapes her again. "What do you want to discuss? As far as I am concern we don't have anything to say to one another anymore, Roman. Everything had been said in the restaurant a few days ago, don't you think?"

"I beg to disagree. I think it's a high time we discuss our arrangements, Red." I said conversationally, eyeing my wife's reaction. I hid my smile when I saw her expression darkened. "I cannot let our present situations stay the way they are."

"I think they're just fine, Roman." She contradicted firmly, the annoyance still fixed in her pretty dark green eyes. "Our current situation fits perfectly fine. We're practically strangers to one another. I am only here because I work for you—as your personal chef."

"What about our three-month marriage bargain?" I countered slyly. "Have you already forgotten about our deal? Do I need to remind you about it, love?"

"What about it?" She asked with a frown, but surprisingly she didn't meet my eyes this time. A sign that she pretending not to know our current situation.

"The days are passing by and I think I should collect what I bargain for," I told her offhandedly. Casually, leaning on the kitchen counter as I study her appearance. God, she was really beautiful even now her red hair was carelessly pinned at the top of her head. My hands itched to remove the pin that secured her hair and watched the flame-like strands of her hair fall.

Wary green eyes met mine, unaware of my growing thoughts about her. Good, she's nervous. I thought with satisfaction. It's about time to have this little firecracker something to be afraid of.

"What do you mean, Roman?" She asked guardedly. She turned off the burner and focused her attention on me. She placed her hand in each side of her waist as if preparing for some war right this moment.

I moved closer towards her, closing the distance that separates us. I felt like every inch of a dangerous predator who was starving for her. "I think it's about time you should introduce me to your family and move in with me."