CHAPTER 3

Roman Vazquez's POV

It's been two days since the little incident on the small restaurant in town. And I still couldn't forget the beautiful waitress with flaming red hair. I don't usually like red-haired women, they're temperamental and stubborn to the bone. But there's something about that woman that had me captivated the moment I set my eyes on her.

It must be the eyes, I decided. Her eyes were as green as emeralds. One would have thought that he'd been staring into a precious gemstone.

I was in my head office in Seville, a few minutes from now I would have my board meeting with my executive staff about an important deal, yet all I could think was the waitress. I scowled silently. I gave my calling card to her. So far she hasn't called me yet.

If she's another woman she probably called me right now and takes this opportunity that she held my attention and suggests to be new my mistress. But the woman was stubborn.

Delfina never bothered calling me again after that date. I never really wanted to date that annoying woman it was my mother who'd been pushing women under my nose saying it was past time I should marry and have babies.

Dios mio, I was just thirty-one too young to get married and settle down. But my mother had been saying constantly that she wants grandchildren since I was her only son. And she was expecting me to give her grandchildren to dot as soon as possible.

My attention was snagged when the intercom buzzed and the demure voice of his secretary floated through his office. "Sir, someone is lo-"

It was broke off when my office door banged on the wall and the flame-haired beauty I had just been thinking a while ago strode in my office, her eyes held defiant on their depth. The eyes that glowed like emeralds under the lit of flames, I schooled my features trying not to show my delight that she showed up for whatever reason.

"Sir...sir, I'm sorry. She just-" My secretary stammered as she hovers in the doorway. I nodded and signaled her to close the door behind me and the red-haired woman for privacy. I have been waiting for this encounter since two days ago.

"To what--"

"I need a job." She stated before I even had the chance to finished what I was about to say, her stance made me smile slightly like she was expecting a battle with me.

"A job?" I asked indifferently, trying to look relaxed as I set back from my chair. "What about your job at the restaurant?"

"I've been sacked thanks to you." She answered tartly, her eyes filled with anger that was directed to me. "I've been looking for a new job since yesterday and I couldn't find one. So it's only reasonable if you're giving me a job because you're the reason why I lost my current one."

I felt my lips twitching with a smile. She was more temperamental than I anticipated. Did she have any idea that she came here not to ask for a job but to demand one? She thought it was only rational to give her a job since I was the cause why she'd been sacked.

"May I ask why you'd been fired on your job?"

She moved closer to my table and put her hands in each side of her waist that caused her breast to thrust upward. I swallowed hard at the movement. "Why, you ask?" She repeated with noticeable scorn in her voice. "The owner thought that I was such a scandalous woman that I tend to bring my relationship problem to work."

"I would agree with him," I muttered absently, playing with the fountain pen in my hands.

She scowled at me, her pretty dark green eyes snapping with fire. How I like to stare into her lovely eyes. "What did you say? Care to repeat it, sir?"