Ponyboy x Jen (requested by @saturn_starshine)

Jen's POV: "Cherry, are you sure I can borrow this?" I asked, holding her dress in front of the mirror. I didn't have anything to wear back home as I was stuck with my savings after helping out with bills every month."Of course Jen, just make sure I get it back in time for homecoming" she replied with a smile although sometimes I wondered if her smiles were truthfully after catching her pretending to be uptight and dare I say entitled but just in front of certain friends we hang around with.
"I'm just so nervous he hasn't told me anything, or maybe he did, and I was just too busy looking into those emerald eyes of his." Cherry giggled at my remark as I sighed and imagined my date with him. "That Curtis boy sure has you swooned, but he is dreamy I do admit" she replied I felt a bit jealous but I knew who she really liked and let's just say he wasn't so rule-abiding or polite at times. "Come on let's get your dress, hair, and make up ready it's almost time" She ushered as she nodded toward the clock I sighed and prepared to sit still for my make up even though I don't really like to wear any but there's nothing I wouldn't do for that boy.

Ponyboy's POV:
Soda was combing my hair. It's not like I couldn't comb it myself, but I just asked him to teach me how to comb his hair just to try something new from my everyday hair. "Hold still, ponyboy, your hair is all tangled after your shower," Soda told me as he tried combing through with his small black comb. "I should hurry, Jen is probably ready and I haven't even called to tell her I'm almost on my way" I worried as Soda finished my hair and I scrambled around our room to look for my sweater.
I couldn't find it anywhere and I had to get going "Darry, have you seen my blue sweater?!" I called out as he was probably in the kitchen cooking up something since Steve was supposed to come over later to hang out with Soda. "I left it in your guy's closet after doing a load of laundry." I ran to the closest to quickly put it on as I ran back out into the kitchen to call Jen.
*Dialing*
Ponyboy: Hello? Jen, I'm on my way. I'll be there in 15 minutes. I'll wait by the seats next to the stands.

Jen: Okay, my mom's taking me, but I'll probably be there around the same time.

Ponyboy: Well, alright, I'll see you there.

Jen: See you there, blondie.

Jen's POV: After my mom drove me to the drive in I told her I was just meeting Cherry and the girls and she'd take me back home but in reality I was just there to see Ponyboy who at the moment was seemingly drinking water like crazy next to the Soda fountain. I hurried to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Ponyboy, are you alright? Why are you so sweaty?" I nervously giggled as I waited for a response. "I'm alright. I just ran all the way here after missing the bus by 10 seconds." he laughed as he wiped his sweaty forehead. "You should've told me I could've asked Cherry to bring us instead. "No, it's just that...Oh look they're making more popcorn. Let's go get some at the snack stand," he chuckled nervously as he turned to head over there.
"Ponyboy, tell me, what's wrong, please?" I questioned as he sighed and turned to look at me. "It's just that I don't want your folks or your friends to question you on why you're with someone... someone like me." he sighed as he sat down. I was too confused to even think why he would think that, but I guess I hadn't even presented him to my parents yet, so in some ways, his thoughts could be at my fault.
I walked over to the snack stand and got a soda and popcorn, and brought it over to Ponyboy. "First of all, nobody has the right to question who I lo... like, second of all, here's your popcorn. My social status shouldn't prevent me from spoiling people I care about, and you're meeting my parents tomorrow night. "Oh Jen, but I wanted to pay for tonight. I brought my savings from what I got after helping Soda and Steve at the DX for a month, but are you sure about tomorrow." He said with worried eyes. "Don't worry, Ponyboy, it's ok but I guess you can make up for it by holding my hand throughout the whole movie and I've never been more sure of anything in my whole life." I told him as I gave him a kiss on the cheek as I rested my head on his shoulder and held his hand.