Steve Imagine

(Requested on Instagram by @golden.outsiders)

You were at your house watching TV with your little brother, waiting for Steve to pick you up to go to the drag races,  when you heard your dad call you from outside "Y/N, theres a boy outside waiting for you." He called out 'Steve' you thought as you got up from your spot on the couch, as you got outside  the door you could see your dad glaring at Steve since he didn't like you hanging out with boys, While Steve just stood there with his hands in his pockets, but as soon as he saw you tried to act cool so he tried to lean on his car a little as your dad continued to stare him down, "Hi Steve." "Hi Y/N, You ready?" " Where are you kids going?" Your dad asked, "We are going to uh- the dairy queen for a coke?" Steve responded knowing your dad doesn't like you going to the drag races either,"Well alright then, you kids better be careful." Your dad said walking back inside the house, "Thanks, Steve" "No problem", You and Steve got inside his car and started to driving to the drag races a few miles from your house, Once you got there steve found a parking spot next to the other cars wait their turn, Steve got out of the car as you did the same as you started to walk to where you saw Sodapop fixing his car, "Hi, Soda." you both greeted him, "Hi, lovebirds" He replied making you blush, "Is it almost our turn?" Steve asked trying to hide the fact that he was blushing as well,"Yeah there is only a couple of cars left."Soda said closing the hood on his car, "I have to get ready Y/N, you can see the race from over there so that you can watch me win the race."Steve said motioning his head to the group of people by the race track,"Sure" You replied with a small smile as you and Steve parted ways so that he can go race, You stood by some girls who aparently were their with your boyfriends, but you could only focus Steve, the race began and everyone cheered as car engines roared and clouds of dust were seen behind them as they raced down the track, Steve won like he said and came out of his car shouting and howling, you and the crowd watching did the same as Steve began to make his way towards you,"See Y/N I told you I'd win."He said as he gave you a kiss.