Who am I - chapter 2

„John is here" Zac announced as I grabbed my jacket.

Hayley stood up and we started to head out. If it wasn't for Hayley I would've got lost in the hallways.

She opened the door for me and I saw a black SUV pull up. The guy opened the door for us and we quickly got in.

I gave the address to the driver and he started driving us. I was fumbling with my hands and stared out the window.

„Think any louder and you might blow your head" Hayley mumbled. I looked at her and gave her a half smile. I couldn't think anything to say.

So she said „So you study in Hungary? Does that mean you are Hungarian?"

I nodded in response.

„Yup I am. Born and raised there. Unfortunately. I finished my thoughts.

She furrowed her eyebrows. „You don't like it there? We played a couple of shows in Hungary back in the day. Budapest was pretty" she added.

I snorted. „Yeah it is. If you only visit the nice places. Hungary is a shithole if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be Hungarian. But growing up queer in a conservative country where everyone hates you is hard. Not to mention the public healthcare. And politics. Man I can't wait to start my masters here." I said in under one breath.

She looked at me curiously. I know she wanted me to continue but I just couldn't. I stared into her eyes. We held each other's gaze until I had to look away as I felt a light blush on my face.

„I'm sorry that you went through all that" she said as we pulled up to the sketchy motel I stayed at. She looked out and frowned. I saw goosebumps on her hands as I realized she wasn't wearing a jacket.

The car stopped and I said „You should stay in the car so people wouldn't recognize you."

She smiled at me gently as she mouthed „thank you"

Before I got out of the car I took off my jacket and handed it to her.

She looked at me briefly and shook her head. So I said „Hey. You should take this. It's freezing here and I'm fine without it. But it's clear you are cold"

She took the jacket reluctantly and put it on.
I got out to car and went for my stuff. I grabbed my suitcase and left the keys at the reception.

Luckily my suitcase wasn't heavy, I didn't pack lots of clothes with me. When I got to the car John got out and put my suitcase in the trunk. I thanked him and got in the car. Hayley was engulfed into my jacket as it was at least two sizes bigger than her. I smiled at her absentmindedly.

„you got everything?" She asked as she pulled me out of my trance. Something about her is so captivating. Her bright blonde hair and her green eyes compliment each other so well.

„Yep I'm ready to go" I answered. When I looked down to her hands she was holding my small notebook that I always kept in my jacket. Shit, did she read it?

„Sorry I peeked inside it. Couldn't read anything though so your secrets are safe" she said as she blushed. She was caught red handed.

I snorted and shook my head. „It's fine though. None of my writings are that good anyway" I shrugged.

„I highly doubt that. You seem like someone who feels things deeply" she said as she stared into my eyes.

She was right about that. I do feel things deeply. That's one of my biggest weaknesses.

„What makes you think that?" I asked curiously.

„I saw your face during Only exception. You know before the mic hit you. The lyrics resonated with you." she said as she picked on her callouses.