Communication and sudden desire - chapter 14.

I nervously sat down to the couch as I waited for Hayley. I tapped my foot anxiously.

I hope we can talk this shit out.

I heard the door open. My eyes immediately found hers. I sent her a weak smile as she walked in. Her performing outfit was long gone, instead she wore a big sweater and some loose pants. Either way, she was beautiful.

„Hey" I said and patted the couch next to me.

„Hey you" she said as she sat down. I could feel how tensed up she was.

„Before we begin, I just wanted to say thank you. That little speech was beautiful" I said as she gave me a reassuring smile.

„It was just the truth. We are human. We do and say stupid shit all the time" she said as I felt her knee touch mine.

I nodded and gulped audibly.

„I just wanted to apologize properly for what I've said earlier. I didn't mean it. I was just so hurt, Hayley. But I had no right to say those things. I'm sorry." I felt unshed tears in my eyes.

She took a deep breath and put her hand on my hand. She squeezed it gently.

„I forgive you. But I need to apologize too. I shouldn't have kept my divorce as a secret. Especially after you opened up to me. I know how hard it was for you. It wasn't fair, and you had every right to be upset....But you felt like a breath of fresh air for me. You had no idea about Chad and all that mess that he caused. You treated me like an actual human being. You didn't feel like you had to walk on eggshells around me. I know the guys feel like that. And I appreciate the way they care for me, but it doesn't help." She said and I saw a lone tear roll down on her cheek. I lifted my hand to wipe it down. She leaned into my touch. I caressed her cheek softly.

„I forgive you, Hayles. Shit I had already forgiven you before we even got the chance to talk" I said gently.

I felt tears roll down on my face. She cupped my face with her hands and wiped the tears away.

Then slowly, she moved to sit in my lap. Her moves were hesitant, as if she was scared she would do something that I wouldn't liked.

She buried her face into my neck and I hummed softly. It felt calming to have her this close to me. I wrapped my hands around her waist and I gently rubbed circles with my thumbs over her sweater.

„I won't pressure you, Hayles. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. But I just want you to know, that I'm here for you. And if you decide to open up a little bit more, I'll listen." I said gently and I felt her exhale slowly. She lifted her head up and looked in my eyes. She had tears in her eyes but she was smiling at me weakly.

„Oh Hayleys..." I murmured as I planted a soft kiss on her forehead. She inhaled slowly and put her head back to its previous place. She nuzzled closer.

„Thank you. But you are free to ask anything. I might cry... but I want you to know that I want to answer your questions" she said as she played with the hem of my shirt.

„Are you sure? I mean, today was a really long day and I don't want to make you cry...again" I said as I caressed her hair. It was incredibly soft despite the fact the had just performed.

„Yeah I'm sure. I want to open up a little bit, you know?" She said, holding me close in her embrace.

„Okay" I said and put a soft kiss on her head. „but let's make a deal. If you feel like crying, we stop, okay?" I asked and she nodded. I cleared my throat.

„So... for how long were you married?" I asked hesitantly.

„A little bit over a year" she said quietly. Okay, that's not a long time, I thought.