The hike - chapter 7.

Turns out Hayley didn't have any sporty outfits that fit me. Hayley told the guys that I needed something to wear - so they did everything they could.

So Taylor let me borrow one of his shorts (which were like twice my size but it didn't matter). And Zac lent me one of his shirts.

As I looked in the mirror I got to admit that the result was quite ridiculous. I did look like I just got home from kindergarten.

When I slightly opened the bathroom door I was already chuckling. I didn't step out yet but Hayley instantly turned in my direction. When she heard me chuckling she started grinning.

„You are going to laugh at me" I warned her as I laughed.

„Is it that bad?" She asked with a smile plastered across her face.

„Oooh it's worse than that" I said as I finally stepped out.

First she tried to hold back her laugh but there was no use. We started to laugh histerically. She held her stomach and slouched down to the floor from her bed. I laughed so hard that tears were rolling down from my eyes.

Then I heard the door open which revealed Taylor and Zac. The moment they saw us they joined the laughing party. By this time Hayley were lying on the floor, still holding her belly.

Then the door opened again as Brian stepped into the bus

„ What are we laughing at? I haven't heard this much laughing since - OH NO HONEY" he said as he finally looked at me but he couldn't finish his sentence since he bursted out laughing too.

After we were able to calm down I went over to Hayley to pull her up from the ground.

Her face was red from all the laughing and her eyes were sparkling. She was beautiful.

Then she unexpectedly pulled me into a tight hug.

„Thank you" she said as she let me go. The hug ended as quickly as it started.

„For what" I asked

„for making all of us laugh like that. It's been a minute" she confessed as she gave me a half smile.

„Of course. I think this is going to be my new style to be honest" I said in a joking manner as I adjusted my shorts which were obviously too big for me.

She giggled and shook her head. There it is that sweet laugh again.

„Then I'm going to be your number one fan" she said. I felt goosebumps arise on my neck.

„What a pleasure that would be" I said as we both started to laugh again.

Only then did we realize that the guys have already exited the vehicle and were waiting outside for us.

„Shall we?" She asked as she motioned to the door.

„Yup" I nodded as we left.

————————-

„So how often do you go on walks Christie?" Zac asked as we started the hike. Hayley was walking behind us with Brian. I was following Zac and Taylor.

„Does walking to Uni count?" I asked jokingly.
Both Zac and T laughed at my comment.

After 20 minutes into the hike I felt my legs burn. Well this is not a good sign I thought to myself. As I looked behind me I saw Brian and Hayley were still heavily talking about something. Hayley caught my gaze for a second. It was enough for me to almost slip and lose my balance for a second, but I managed not to fall. I hoped she didn't notice, but she did.