Tension - chapter 6.

I woke up to an empty bed. My mind was still hazy as I streched my arms out. As I yawned and looked around I realized that I was alone in the bus.
Her vanilla scent still lingered in my bed.

I quickly grabbed my phone to check the time. It was 7:30 in the morning. Where is everyone? I reluctantly got out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready and change into another set of clothes of Hayley's.

My face looked worse than ever. It was covered with purple blue and even yellowish bruises. At least my nose is not as swollen as it was.

I tried as hard as I could to avoid thinking about last night. How her hands gripped mine under the blanket. And how her arms wrapped around my torso as she peacefully slept next to me.

I sighed as I put down my toothbrush. I tried to make myself presentable but as I looked in the mirror I simply just gave up. Maybe Hayley was right, I should cover my face with make up. It looks terrifying.

After I left the bathroom I opened the bus door and noticed that we were at a gas station again. I stretched my arms again. There was no one around. I tried to shake the feeling of being left out. But I mean I didn't have a right to be upset. The only reason I was with them was the fact that they felt bad because of the accident.

I sighed and sat down to the curb. I barely had any money left. I gently massaged my temple and got lost in my thoughts. What am I even doing here?

But soon I heard a weak „Good morning" coming from the distance. As I lifted my head I saw none other than Brian. He was wearing a fun colorful outfit again, and now his hair was green.

„Good morning" I said as he sat down next to me.

„They had a meeting call this morning and didn't want to wake you up so they left and decided to get coffee afterwards" he said as he patted my shoulder.

I shot back a weak smile and nodded.

„They didn't have to though. They could have woken me up" I said as I stared into the distance.

„Well, Hayley insisted. She said you needed sleep since you two were....up late. And she also said she was getting sick of gas station coffee... so yeah" I felt his eyes burning a hole into my face.

I felt my face heating up but just shook my head in answer and chuckled.

„You don't see it don't you?" He asked as he adjusted his shirt.

„See what?" I asked dumbfoundedly.

He shook his head and stared into the distance.

„They like you. Especially Hayley. I don't know what it is about you... but she likes your company. But...it's been a minute since she actually let someone close to her. She built thick walls you know " he said as he got up and started to leave.

What does this even mean? Do they really like me?

„Wait Brian!" I said as I got up as well. „I usually don't use makeup but... can you help me to make this disappear?" I motioned over my face.

A weak smile played on his lips.

„Of course. Whatever you are comfortable with girlypop. Follow me, at least I can get to know you better" he said as we headed to the other bus.

I chuckled at his silliness and followed him to the bus.

—————————