4 - Thursday

Felix is a creature of habit, and he likes his rice cakes for dinner

Felix is a creature of habit, and he likes his rice cakes for dinner. After another late night at the office, he takes the usual bus ride home. He exits right in front of his favorite convenience store where they now regularly supply a certain kind of Tteok because of a big demand.

After a modest dinner, he pulls out his secret confidant - a little black notebook.

It's not like he has a lot more to write about, it's been a standard week of work and work. But he needs to pour out his feelings, sometimes dark thoughts too.

- What the... ??

————————————————————
I think I know you but I don't, you have a sweet aftertaste
————————————————————

He panically flips pages and looks back in his bag, flips it upside down and empties its content, everything is spread out on a bed.

- Noooo..... no, no, no...

He checks over and over again, opens the notebook, looks at his bag and then again notebook...
Nothing changes.

He feels sick to his stomach, he trusted that book, he wrote everything in it.
It's been his support system that absorbs all good and bad, so he can sleep at night.

He tries to remember when was the last time he wrote in it. It was Sunday, for sure. So the next day, Monday, somehow he switched it with someone else's notebook.

- Who do you belong to? Name, please.

Nope. There is no name. No address. No phone.
Just like he never wrote his details in the other book.

———————————————————
Because I like the way you are,
But whenever you, who's cold,
smile like ice to cream
Melts in a flash
I can't pull myself together
Ice to cream
———————————————————

- And this person writes poetry about ice cream??
Who are you? Someone on a diet?
No, wait, someone in love... ?
In love with an ice cream... seller?
I haven't been in an ice cream store for months.
Oh this could be anyone!

Felix flips the page.
The next thing he sees in the notebook is a drawing of an apple and grapes. Then, an ice cream cone.

- Well someone's hungry for sure. Food galore.

There is a drawing of a flower in a vase.
Another flower.
A landscape.
A hand.
Poem again.

———————————————————
I'm in front of the person who loves me
I can't even say that I love you
I don't want to sit around,
what should I do?
———————————————————

- Oh, this is sad.
Why don't you love the person who loves you? What happened?

Felix remembers the time when he felt something similar, and travels back to the past. It was just last year, Felix was the one who loved, but his lover hurt him, and it still hurts just as bad.

- Maybe I shouldn't read it...
Crap, maybe that other person reads my book!!!

Tears escape and fall on a page with a drawing of flower. He tries to sop it up it with his sleeve, but just ends up dirtying his sleeve.

- I'm so sorry J....
I hope some good soul got it, and whoever it is, I hope they won't laugh at us.

To distract himself from dark thoughts, he pulls out mail from his bag.
Of course there is an envelope from his landlord rising the rent again. Apparently that's the thing, rent a place for cheap and then rise a rent every few months.

But he won't move out, this place is perfect. A spacious warehouse turned into apartment, an ideal hideout in a shady neighborhood, with a prime internet.

For a loner like him, roommates are out of question. Only a cat that he literally picked off the street can share this place with him. They're both stray, they don't belong to anyone.

If he wants, he can just pick up his stuff and leave tomorrow. And kitty cat can go back to street life, with other strays.

To display a disagreement with Felix's plan, the cat comes to his lap and licks his salty tears away. Soft whiskers tickle Felix and he giggles.

- It's ok, Oreo, at least we have each other.

*****

As promised, there will be little hidden surprises throughout the story

throughout the story.
They look like a photo at the end of a chapter.
It may be a photo from a live or an interview, lyrics of a song... something we've seen in the Skz content, but also slightly connected to this story.
I hope you like that.
Hugs and kisses 💞

*****