27 - Tea party

- Where

- Where. Have. You. Been???

- Oooh, sorry, sorry Changbin. So many things happened so fast...

Felix slides into his desk that's conveniently connected to Changbin's, and takes a laptop out of his bag. Changbin still has a disapproving look.

- You work from home the whole week, then you disappear for a weekend, and your messages are cryptic... What is going on?? I'll call the police if you repeat that!

- Ok, ok, shhh... your voice can be so loud sometimes.
Come here.

Changbin scoots in his spinning chair towards Felix and they disappear behind the large filing cabinet. This is their "conference room" where they talk in privacy.

- So...?? - he opens his hands and gestures to show he's still waiting for response.

- I met someone. It's a secret.
I trust you with my life Changbin, so I'll tell you but you have to promise me that you'll keep it a secret. I really mean it. Promise me.

- What?? No, I ain't going to promise that! Is it some criminal, a mafia boss?
What did you get into?

- No, it's not mafia, you... y/n ff reader.
It's a like an idol kind of celebrity, ok?

- Whohohoaaa!!!

- Sheesh... you can't speak quietly, can you?

- My lips are sealed Felix. I promise not to tell anyone. This is just too much fun! You with an idol??
Mr "I don't listen to that kind of music"??

- Fine, fine, I was wrong. Music is actually good. This won't end up in your column, right?

- Of course not! I would never do that to you. So? Who is it? - Changbin leans in. Corners of his lips are pointing up, and his strong arms are prompted on chair's armrests. Eyes sparkle in anticipation.

- Funny story... ahem, you know how I lost that notebook?

- Yeah, aha..

- And then you sent me that video of Hyunjin? Hwang?

Both elbows slide from armrests, and Changbin almost falls chin down.

- No way...

- Yes way! See...?

Felix shows a photo on his phone with Hyunjin and him posing in a happy selfie.

- No fucking way.....

- I know, right? He's way too good-looking for me. He probably hit his head if he finds me interesting in a first place.

- Noooo way.....

- Yeah, I think it's a no way too. But we met like a few times already.

- You're my hero, Felix Lee.

- Please... I'm just as bewildered as you are about what made him call me...

- And here I am, Kpop encyclopedia, yet I never met anyone. Anyone!
Did Yeji ever call me? No, never!
Can you ask him is Yeji looking for someone? Someone strong and sensitive, tough yet romantic, sweet and wild at the same time?

- Sure, I'll ask.

- And I also write songs, if Yeji wants to know. I have more than 50 songs made by now, and I know how to dance.
I can do every girl choreography, I can do it all.

- That's awesome.

The two friends spend another 30 minutes chatting and pretending to compare work notes, when in reality they continue spilling tea, and there is a whole tea-party going on until someone calls Felix to bring coffee.
Some things never change.

Meanwhile, Hyunjin absentmindedly scribbles in his notebook during a work meeting. Chan keeps talking about their schedule, the next performance, new staff members, choreography, it goes on and on.

Finally, Chan starts wrapping up and thanks everyone for listening.
Hyunjin looks at his notebook and notices he's been drawing - Felix.

He started sketching an eye with no particular model in mind, but when you look at it carefully, that is actually Felix's eye, those are Felix's plump lips and freckles... it's all there.

- Nice work. - Jisung adds while getting up. - Minho tried to draw me, but it ended up looking like some doodle.

- Thanks. - Hyunjin responds still a bit surprised with a fact that his hand, on its own accord, decided to draw Felix today.
And, that's not the first time this happened. It looks like he drew his bare back too.

Oops!

******

******