20 - Wrong

Hyunjin's car already knows the road to Eun's place

Hyunjin's car already knows the road to Eun's place. His mind is somewhere else, but the car knows each turn, each bump on a road. He arrives in no time.

- Hey, I missed you. - Eun says as soon as he opens the door and they hug.
Arms already know where and how to hug, it's a muscle memory and they fit in each other's arms like a perfect puzzle. It's a comforting feeling.

- What are you making?

- I am trying to make something but... maybe I overestimated my cooking skills. We'll see.

- It smells yummy, and I'm hungry, so it'll be good.

Eun looks carefully at Hyunjin. He looks kind a gloomy, moody.

- What's wrong? Something's wrong,
I can tell.

- Nothing's wrong.
Actually, it's good. I had that one affair like you told me to.

- Already? Huh, that's impressive. You usually avoid new people.
Wait, wait, it wasn't someone we know? It was supposed to be a no-name, someone you'd never see again.

- We don't know him, it's someone new.

- Good.

An awkward silence falls like a cover on both of them. There are tens of questions swirling in Eun's mind, and he has to ask at least a few.

- Did you like use an escort... or pick up someone at a club...?

- No, no, nothing like that. I'd never do that, eww...

- So....?

- It's just someone I met recently.
We went out for a dinner and...

- A dinner???

- Well, yes. Why?

- You're not supposed to get close to this person, this is like a whole love story.
Now you'll tell me you didn't go to a hotel but to your place and...
Oh fuck, Jinnie! What part of a quick affair did you not understand?

- The part where you also had an affair in your own apartment!! In that bed right there!

- It was a paid service!!!

- Oh my... how in a world is that any better?? You invited someone who does it for money to out bed and you preach to me??

- I know nothing about that person, there was zero emotional connection!
I know that the story won't end in Dispatch, it's a total privacy. We don't know each other's name. That's what makes the difference!!
But your guy could now be posting tweets about you two, or share your home address. He could be some delusional fan, you have no idea.

- He wouldn't do that.
And what did you do with that paid person anyway??
I keep imagining things and maybe it's even worse than the truth. You have to tell me.

Loud voices echo through the room before another heavy silence falls on them.
Eun takes his phone, and incredibly quickly finds what he wants to show. He slides the phone on a kitchen counter towards Hyunjin.

Even with a photo upside down, Hyunjin can tell he won't like it. He turns the phone around and sees a person dressed in latex, face covered, holding a whip, and... those nightmare handcuffs.

- How did you even get into this?

- One time... Sam took us to like an exclusive club, we were on a tour. It was an invitation-only club with total anonymity. He wanted to treat us well and he said anything we want to do would be at his expense. Other guys just drank expensive alcohol and got wasted. I went with a dom into a separate room and... it looked good. Really good.

- You said it was just one time.

- Ok, I didn't count that time because I was just watching, nothing more.

- And you wanted try it, ever since that party?

- I did, yeah. But I didn't do anything. Until that humiliating failure with a performance that absolutely everyone tanked and hated. I was in a bad place that whole week, I wanted to... feel something... to try it out just once, and I knew you wouldn't do it...

- So you looked for something like that in Seoul?

- Yeah. I'm curious about stuff.
I wanted to explore it, to try it.

- Did you like it?

- I didn't hate it.
But I won't do it if you don't want to.
If you hate it so much, I'll never look into it again.
Now you show me your guy, the one you took out for a dinner.

- No, it... I can't.

- Why not? It's too special?

- I deleted the number.
I don't have his ig or anything.

The rest of the evening goes just as hard and uncomfortable as it started. At some point Hyunjin feels like he's dying inside his own skin, he wants out, this is not home any more.
So, he drinks. And falls asleep in an armchair.

The moment his soft snores begin, Eun takes his phone and types the code.
He looks at different messages and - there it is.

Felix.
Pretty boy.
Hot.
Just the type.

His vision goes black, jealousy and pain overpower him. He clicks the profile and - deletes everything.

*****