36 - Wallet

- So

- So... how was it??

- It was awesome, Changbin. Music, performance, cheering, the whole experience... I got goosebumps!

- Let me see your wallet.

- What?

- Show me.

- Ok here.

- Still no photo of Hyunjin? No photo-card?

Felix rolls eyes, and shakes his head in disbelief.
But then, he timidly opens up a secret compartment in his wallet, and pulls out a red-hair Hyunjin photo.

- There. Happy?

- Good. Now I'm happy.
And did you get to meet Yeji?

- I actually did. I met so many people that day, but she is something else. She really stands out with her beauty. We talked a lot, she is really nice.

- And....?

- I told her I had a friend who's a huge fan and would love to meet her. I told her you're a producer and awesome and all. She's not seeing anyone, I asked.

- And....???

- She laughed, and said that idols didn't date. Is that true?

- It kind of is. The company doesn't allow it, so they do it in secret.

- That's weird.

- You're weird.
You date in secret too, don't you?

- Yes, I do...

- And how is that going for you two?

- Well, being an idol is nothing like what I expected. He works non stop, the stress is immense, there are so many people telling him what to do, all the time. But if something goes wrong, it's all his fault.
I don't know. I just want to... protect him. I want to push away all the people who want something from him, who constantly bug him, and I want to hide him far from all the noise. Keep him safe.
I want to take care of him. He carries so much weight on his shoulders, and never says no to more work. He needs someone to tell him when he overworks himself, or to tell him that nobody is perfect.

- That's actually quite an interesting angle on a life of an idol. Can I use that explanation for my story on the kpop industry?

- Sure, go ahead.

Somewhere from the corner office, a loud voice is heard: - Feeelix!!

- I bet they want coffee again.

Meanwhile, in a building close by, Hyunjin just handed to Chan a bunch of lyrics he wrote lately.
For some reason, he feels inspired and writes more than ever. But he's also nervous what is Chan going to say. He closes eyes as if he's about to hear some bad news from his favorite mentor, and waits.

- You wrote all this??
Whoa Hyunjin, are we making a double album of love songs?

- Actually, there's one song that's not just about love.

- Is this Felix's doing? What has he done to you?
Aaaah... but of course! You fell for an irresistible Aussie charm.

- He's Korean too.

- And that's an excelent combination!
Ohhh, just look at you... all soft and blushing. What happened to my mischievous Hyunjin?

- Nothing! Nothing happened.
Ahh whatever, just look at those songs and let me know is it any good.

- But I really like to tease you.
Come here loverboy, Chan will teach you how to talk dirty in English. Some sweet pillow talk...

- No thanks, all I learned from you are curses and bad words.

- You can, for example, say something like—

- Aaahhh!!!!

Hyunjin runs away covering his ears, and Chan rolls on a floor laughing. He's so going to enjoy this.

******

*****