31 - Necklace

- Feelix...!!!

- Yeah? - Felix responds from the bathroom with toothbrush in his mouth. He brought a few necessities like toiletry bag this time, and Hyunjin even made space in the bathroom for his stuff.

- What is this?? - Hyunjin nervously waves with a pretty necklace in his hand.

- Vu vike it? - Felix quickly rinses the mouth, and runs to Hyunjin while wearing a disarming smile of hundred suns.
Hyunjin looks shocked.

- This is expensive!! Are you crazy??

- I want to make you happy.

- Buy me a coffee then! Or an orange. A lunch. I don't know... a book.

- But you need a necklace. It would look weird to wear an orange around your neck.

- That's not the point. It's expensive, I know it is. Versace out of all! I bet it was more than—

- You don't like it...

- No, I love it!! But come on, it must have costed a lot.

- Stop complaining and just put it on. Jeez... what would you say if I had bought you that other thing I was looking at...

- What other thing? How are you going to pay rent? Seriously, no spending money on expensive stuff!

- Ok, ok. I guess I'll cancel the Bali vacation...

- The what?????

- Just kidding. I didn't pay for Bali vacation.
But just out of curiosity, do you want to go to Bali?

- You're a danger to your own credit card.

- I've heard that before.
Just look how pretty it looks on your neck, look!

Felix pushes Hyunjin in front of the mirror, but Hyunjin is still shaking his head at Felix's little spending spree. Felix closes the clasp on the necklace and peaks from behind his shoulders.

- So?

- It does look good, dammit...

- You don't need any jewelry to look gorgeous, but I hope you remember me when you see this necklace. Even if it ends up just sitting in your jewelry box.

- Felix, this is my first big piece of jewelry. I don't even have a jewelry box.

- Oh. - Felix sighs pensively.

- Don't buy me a jewelry box!!

- You're no fun.
I might have two jewelry boxes, so I'll give you one of mine.

- No, no, no.
Give me your credit card now, I'll keep it safe!

Felix rushes out of Hyunjin's long arms, fickly as a cat, and his laughter echoes the room.

- Look, Felix, I love it. But it freaked me out, it's expensive.

- Fine, fine. No more splurging.
For now.

Hyunjin touches the necklace and remembers he never got something this nice from Eun. He never even got a simple present on an ordinary day like today. He got just regular birthday gifts.
A book, a scarf, or a shirt. The usual kind of gifts.
And they never went on a vacation together.

He always wanted to visit Bali though. It's been his secret dream ever since he saw an art exhibition inspired by Bali beaches.
But now it's better not to mention it, or Felix will head out to the nearest travel agency.
Maybe they could go to Jeju or Busan, and that's it! Just for one night. And Felix's credit cards will stay locked.

Hyunjin opens up his calendar to reserve the next free weekend for a quick getaway with Felix. It would be nice to take a short break. He visited Jeju before, but it was for work, not for fun.

He looks at the adorable menace who's shaving in the bathroom and hums some happy tune.
Why is he so pretty? It's hard to get upset at him.

******

*****