34 - He's so hot

A personal driver, dressed in a black suit approaches the car

A personal driver, dressed in a black suit approaches the car. Eun, sitting in the back seat, lowers the window and takes a big envelope from his hand.
He then leans a glass of alcohol to his lips, and takes a big sip. It's strange to drink alone, but he doesn't care where his friends are today. He only wishes for Hyunjin to be back. If only everything could be as it was before.

How much Eun loved him... how much he craved for him... watching him for weeks and months, until they finally met.
He'll always remember the moment when he saw him in person the first time. When Hyunjin came over to his place, with a new hair color... Eun couldn't believe he could be any more beautiful. Until he saw him in blond. He was ready to fall on his knees for him.

How ready Hyunjin was to be loved, like he waited for Eun all along. It's like they knew right away they were perfect for each other.
Good times.

Eun opens the envelope and takes a look inside. It's the photo of Hyunjin. He's leaving his home with the blond guy.
Felix.
The guy who took him away.
The guy with undeniable looks.
Pretty smile.
Petite figure.

Hyunjin is wearing some dreadful hoodie and slippers, like he's not an idol at all. And they laugh.
Eun feels sick in his stomach.
He takes another big sip from the glass.

The next photo shows two of them driving away to the part of town where the blond lives.
Felix is wearing that old shirt, the one that Hyunjin loves to sleep in. Eun took that shirt off of his body many times, because he looked so irresistible in it. Now it's decorating Felix's body, and it looks damn good.

- I can't even hate the guy.
He's so hot.

Eun keeps going through photos and nervously bites his lips.
In another photo, Felix smiles like a warm summer day, and Hyunjin, covered with a mask, smiles with his eyes. They look happy.
Reckless too, because they're not hiding it well. The detective provided so many photos, Eun could make a photo album by now.

Lastly, a photo with two of them leaving the gala event through the back door.
So, that's how it is. Hyunjin can't even go to work events without him.

- Are you in love like we were, Jinnie? - he asks the photo, but there's no response. The alcohol didn't kick in yet.

The car stops and the door opens up.
- Sir, we arrived.

- What's this meeting again?

- It's with the investment agency.
Mr Jung called for a meeting today.

Eun gets out of the car, strengthens up his posture and walks in the building. The receptionist takes him to Mr Jung, whoever that is, and opens the door for him.

Inside the impressive looking office, a tall guy in some fine looking suit welcomes him. He looks too handsome to work here.

- Hello, Eun. - a very informal greeting makes Eun frown.

- I'm sorry, do we know each other?

- Well, you invested your earnings through this company, so I am responsible for your savings. You can expect a nice profit this year too.

- Ok but why did you call for this meeting? I'm very busy and don't have time for casual conversations. Just keep doing what you do and I have t—

- Please, hear me out.

Eun stops talking, but he plans not to waste more than five minutes at this odd meeting.

- The truth is that we met before, in more informal circumstances. You maybe don't recognize me now, but we met at your place a few months ago. I thought about keeping this information a secret and never reveal my identity but... I couldn't.
I wanted to see you again. You were not answering my messages, so this is my last attempt to talk to you.

Eun goes back at the time when he called that one-night guy. He had a mask covering his eyes, but he was tall like this guy here.

- What do you want? - Eun asks although he doesn't really want to know.

- First, let me say that you can move your portfolio to another agency and never see me again. I have all the paperwork ready for you.
I just... I want to take you out on a date.

As an idol, you have to be prepared for any unexpected situation. From losing your voice on a stage, aggressive audience throwing things at you, a wardrobe malfunction, anything. But this catches Eun completely off guard.
The guy in front of him looks like he's telling the truth. He doesn't look like some greedy corporate face, he looks worried.

- A date...??

- I'd like to get to know you better, yes. If you give me a chance.
I used that web page, just like you did, because it allowed me total anonymity. I didn't think I'd end up liking you.
As you can see, I can lose my job if you just say a word. But, I hope you won't do that.

They look at each other for a little while before Eun quietly nods.
He did have a good time that night, it's true. And this guy likes the same stuff he does.
Maybe he should stop obsessing over Hyunjin.
Maybe he should give him a chance.

And just like that... Eun forgets Hyunjin, and turns a new leaf in his life.

*****

The inspiration for this chapter was the song "Becky's so hot".
Sometimes, the only way to stop obsessing over someone is to start loving someone else.

*****