Ungraceful

All of a sudden. I felt his huge hand behind me as it rested on my back and pushed me against his body. I screamed in shock as i was pressed up against him.

His face slowly came down to the side of my face. I froze at the close proximity.
" Please... I... Please don't hurt me" I begged, I could feel tears gathering up at the back of my eyes.

I heard him take in a deep breath  as he held me tighter against himself. And as if I was imagining it, he suddenly pulled away, leaving me startled.

I stared at him with wide eyes, my eyes slightly teary.
   He walked past me as if nothing happened and I turned to him
" Who are you?" I asked. I had my guess but I wanted to be sure.

He stood but didn't turn around, showing me only his back. He had a huge back built of muscles. Shoulder length black hair, that was slightly wavy. He had on loosed pants and boots that looked really heavy. No shirt.

" Call me War" he said. His deep voice sending chills down my spine. My eyes widened, my suspicion was right.

He started walking again
" Wait" I shouted. I wouldn't let this opportunity pass me by.
" May I see your face?" I asked. I didn't get a reply. He walked away, his heavy steps echoing in my ears.

I stood there in shock. I blinked and when I regained myself, I decided to go to my room. I laid on my bed starring at the ceiling. The rumors were true that he was huge, very huge infact. His body looked beautiful. I blinked at that thought.

Could he really be ugly? I doubted. Even in the dim light, and how the dark shadow covered his face from my view. I felt he couldn't be ugly, not with that body. I had to see his face one way or the other.

* * * *

    Late once again. I woke up late. I sat up in bed and looked out of my window. I didn't drop my curtains last night. I looked towards my door to see that I had locked it from the inside.

Sigh. That explains why Isidore couldn't come in. I looked out the window again to see that the sun was already out.
" Why did I sleep so much?" I murmured to myself as I stepped down the bed. All my clothing from last night were still on.

    I took a quick bath and got dressed in a pink silk dress with spaghetti hands and an exposed back. The side of the dress had a little split, only enough to let me walk properly.

I didn't eat dinner last night, and obviously missed breakfast, but yet I wasn't feeling hungry.
I wouldn't be relaxed if I didn't get to see general Wars face .

I cringed, I hated the name War. I also needed to find out his real name. This couldn't be his name. It must be some sort of nickname people have given him.
Why was I so curious about him?  Don't ask me, I just wanted to know.

He wouldn't be staying in the castle for long so I couldn't postpone anything.

I hurried down the stairs after spotting dad and the general in the private garden. The garden was a bit distant from the castle, so when I got out of the castle, I forgot I was supposed to be graceful for a second so well.... I ran.

I ran as fast as I could, even though the dress I was wearing wasn't suitable for it. Still, I ran. Getting closer to them, I could see how huge this man was, compared to my dad who was about six feet two inches.

Since I was behind them, they didn't get to see how ungraceful I just ran. I had gotten pretty close, already preparing myself to stop running, but then the general turned around abruptly like he was going to attack me. My eyes widened at the sudden action and out of shock I found my self on the floor, I fell on my butt. Again.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. ' Not again' I thought. I slowly opened my eyes to see father in front of me staring down at me. I moved my eyes away from dad, towards the general.

What sort of man was he? His very dark black hair rested on his shoulders while little strands danced with the wind. My eyes met his honey brown transparent like eyes, they were piercing. His nose firm and his lips. A light shade of pink, his jaw was sharp and he had stubble. His face looked like he was sculpted perfectly.

Who started the rumor about this man looking like a beast. I needed to set that person on fire because this man here looked like a God. All his features were sharp and strong. He had a face one cannot easily forget.

I remained on the floor admiring this unearthly man.
" Odeth" I heard father's voice yell and I peeled my gaze from the general to dad.
" What are you doing here?" He asked with a frown.

I cleared my throat as I dropped my gaze, not knowing what to say. I looked towards the general as I stretched my hand out to him. I didn't know if he recognized me. Probably he couldn't see my face just like I couldn't see his last night.

But I wanted him to recognize me, besides I told him I was the princess. I also told him my name. He helped me up last night so he should....
" Odeth" Dad yelled again. This time he sounded very angry.

I felt even more embarrassed and helped myself up, slowly dusting dirt off my body.
" I am so sorry for this general. This is my daughter. Odeth" dad said to general War.

The general's face remained neutral as he stared at me. Dad faked a cough.
" She.. she can be careless at times" dad says
" No I'm not" I countered. Father glared at me and I shut up.

__________________________
Hey guys. I know the story might seem slow right now but please hang on. Some things need to just happen. And the general's Pov will be coming soon. Thank you

Please

Vote & Comment