Awkward dinner

I looked at father
" Oh of course general. Please join us" He said.
I noticed prince Andrew had stopped eating and glared behind me. I swallowed down my saliva. Wouldn't Elias get mad at Andrew for glaring at him?

The chair beside me was pulled out, that was when I looked. Elias sat on the chair beside me. He was huge and he wasn't shirtless like most of the time. He looked at me and I quickly looked away.

The air was heavy and I was very sure I wasn't the only one who felt it.
" How's your head Andrew?" Elias spoke and I momentarily paused.

I looked at prince Andrew. He completely ignored Elias, he just kept eating calmly. Elias had not added his princely tittle to his name earlier, showing just how much he didn't care who Andrew was.

Father didn't say a word either, making me wonder if he was really scared of Elias.
" I can see it's fine, given as you're not dead" Elias spoke again. It was obvious he was trying to get a reaction from prince Andrew.

It was getting really awkward and I applauded prince Andrew for not replying, I couldn't tell if he was scared or just didn't want to cause trouble in front of father.

My eyes remained on prince Andrew as I wondered how he could be so calm. His eyes raised from his food to meet mine. I blinked and he gave me a small smile before he continued eating.

I looked back at my food. I had lost my appetite long ago, I just stared at the food in front of me.
And then I felt Elias's large hand on my thigh. My eyes widened, I looked at him and he simply smiled down at me before taking back his hand and started eating.

I sat there unable to focus, I started forcing myself to eat so not to attract father's questioning and also because I didn't want to be the first to leave even though I've wanted to get out of here so badly.

I thought of how I felt when Elias placed his hand on my lap. I had been taken unaware. I felt how warm his hand was even through the fabric of my dress. The thought lingered in my mind.

Why did he do that? Why did he even come here? He never wanted to join us before now. He always preferred eating with his men. So what changed?.  I couldn't figure out this man and it made me uncomfortable

Through out dinner I kept stealing glances at him. How come he was so handsome?

Prince Andrew was the first one to finish eating and he said a few words to father before he left. I watched him leave. I wanted to talk to him but decided to wait till the next day. He probably wasn't in a very good mood even tho he looked quite calm.

   Once he was gone. I stood up and wished dad a good night before I left and went straight to my room. I needed to sleep, but getting to my room, I was unable to fall asleep.

I kept thinking of the behaviors of Elias, Andrew and Father. I shouldn't be surprised about Elias's behavior but I am, I didn't think he'd be that petty. And Andrew...... He was so calm, so well reserved, I couldn't tell if he was afraid or didn't care about Elias.

He seemed really good with hiding his emotions which made me slightly scared but more curious about him, I had not really talked to him much, but I would.

And then father, he was the emperor, why did he allow Elias behave like that at the dinning without saying anything. Not only did Elias disrespect his presence but he allowed Elias bully prince Andrew whom was somewhat supposed to be his future son in-law.

Was father afraid of Elias? I tossed around on my bed. Not being able to stop thinking about it. Should I talk to him about it? He would feel disrespected.

After much tossing and turning I finally closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

So sorry for this short chapter. But hope you like it

What are your thoughts so far?