New pain

After leaving the princess. I realized that for the first time in my life, I couldn't stop my mind from thinking about something. Her. Making me wish I had the powers to fast forward time.

Every second felt too long. I trained with my men thinking it would distract my thoughts from her but it didn't.
    After the training. I ordered my men to remain there. They had to run deeper into the woods and back five times. Yes. I poured my helpless frustration on them. They'll have to suffer for it, I didn't care if it was their fault or not.

Besides they've been resting way too much recently. I left them in the woods and went back to my room. I had promised to take the princess out into the village at night and show her around. That would make her happy right?

Okay. I was ready to chase the princess and keep her with me but why am I trying to make her happy? She's just a woman. I have to take control of whatever the princess was using to manipulate me.

Firstly, I've gotten addicted to her scent. Then, I feel a certain type of rage when I see her around that ugly, short, boneless prince. I had a feeling I'd feel same way if she's with any man at all. I also want to give her father, the emperor a slap on the back of his head whenever he yells at her or makes her unhappy.

I feel this longing to touch her. To have some sought of skinship with her every now and then. And now i want to make her happy? I just want to make her happy somehow.

When and where does this stop? I just keep wanting to get closer to the princess and please her somehow. I didn't want her to see me as a bad guy but that was what I was. A cursed, heartless destroyer. Yet I wanted to claim her, claim her Innocence, her good heart, her body, everything.

I groaned at the thought. And then I felt a sudden pain crawling inside of me, specifically my chest. It seemed to tighten with each second. I tried to ignore it but it seemed to claw at my heart and settled there. And this pain, this pain was unrecognizable.

I placed my hand over my heart clutching it. I refused to submit to the pain. I held it in trying to fight the pain and refused making any sound of pain.
' I am War. I'm a warrior, a little pain cannot make me submit' I thought.

The veins in my body popped. My muscles bulged. I stood. What was this pain? A burning sensation soon joined it. My eyebrows pulled together as I scrunched up my face trying to contain it. Wasn't the curses as reoccurring night tortures enough? What was this new one?

I gritted my teeth as I held the wall for support. All of a sudden the clawing pain and burning stopped at once making me let out a strained gasp through my mouth. My tense muscles relaxed. I was used to it. I was used to all the torture added to my life from time to time.

I was the one paying for my father's sins. I stood up straight again. I knew when each and everyone of these torturous pain would commence each day, so I was always prepared. I would just have to learn this new one like I've always done.

      The day was slow but the night finally came. I sat at the head of the long dinning table while my men sat around, all waiting for me. They'll usually eat but I was the first to get to the dinning and now my mood was sour. Whoever was controlling time sure didn't know how to control it properly.

My men were tense, they made sure not to look at me and kept their hands away from the food. I personally didn't have the appetite to eat, so they'll all have to stay hungry as well. I raised my eyes to scan through them, remembering I had made them run miles in the woods.

" Eat" I ordered and in no time they were eating although hesitant at first. I agreed to stay in the palace for them anyway, so why keep them hungry?. They were so carefree and chatted amongst themselves . I sighed leaning back against my chair.

I had to wait for time to pass, so the princess would finish eating and everyone in the palace would disappear to their rooms so that I could take the princess out. I was the one helping her, yet I was the one anticipating it the most.

I wondered if she was as eager. Perhaps I'm the only one going insane. As slowly as the time passed. My men finally finished eating and had to take my permission before leaving to their rooms. It was as if the clock had started ticking in my head. The servants would have to come clear the table anytime soon. I glanced at my food, still not having the appetite to eat.

I stood up and walked out. I headed for my room. I knew the god's never liked me but at the rate at which every second slowed, I could easily confirm they really hated me. I got to my room and entered.

Again for the first time, I didn't feel the need to kill, destroy or attack anyone. It wasn't anywhere in the corner of my mind. My thoughts were completely clear if anger and mainly settled on the princess. I walked to the window watching the sky with my hands folded across my chest. It was a full moon.

* Knock knock *

I heard a light knock on my door. My head snapped towards it, quickly catching the princess's scent. She was here? Already? I was..... Glad. But.... The knock came again.

I took long strides as I quickly reached my door and pulled it open. She stood in front of me. Her eyes wide. I must have startled her. I studied her features closely. She was such a beautiful and delicate small being. I noticed how her chest rose up and down with each breadth she took. Did she run up here?

Her chest was captivating but I kept my eyes on her face trying my hardest to not look at her slightly exposed cleavage. I noticed that I had started taking in deep breaths as well.

This princess must possess some witchly powers, being able to affect me this much with just her unfiltered heavenly scent and cleavage...

" Elias?" She called my name ever   so softly.

So... Yes.. another chapter down. Please vote and tell me what you think. 💛