Princess

" I have some things to handle. I'll take my leave now" General War said to dad, I took in a deep breath at the sound of his voice
" Oh yes, of cause of cause" Dad replied. He sounded nervous. General War turned and walked away.

I wanted to run after him and ask for his name but I stood watching his retreating back . At least I had gotten to see his face. One at a time, I told myself.

I thought about his beautiful eyes that stared at me a while ago when I was on the floor. My eyes widened at the thought, I had embarrassed myself in front of him. I hit my head in frustration.

Just as I was hitting my head, I felt a push on the side of my head and I staggered slightly only managing to balance myself. I looked at dad only just remembering he was here with me.

" Are you out of your mind Odeth?" Dad yelled and I remained quiet with my head low.
" Why do you have to embarrass me like that. That is general War, don't you know that? Perhaps I have given you too much leverage" dad spoke.

He looked really angry. I moved closer to him as I held his arm giving him a fake pout.
" I'm so sorry dad.... I... I just wanted to see you. I didn't know it was the general. I promise to be better" I said with the sweetest voice I could. I meant it, I wanted to be a better daughter, it's just that, I was really curious about the general and it was making me act stupid.

Dad stared at me for a while
" Whatever, whatever" he said dismissively as he pulled away from me and started walking back to the castle. I hurried after him.

* * * *

It was night again. I was restless. I rolled from one side of my bed to another then sat up. Everywhere was quiet, meaning everyone must be asleep.

I slowly stepped down from my bed, I was on my night wear, it was a knee length soft silk like dress, with very thin straps for hands. I wore my slipper and carefully walked out of my room making sure not to make a sound.

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't at least get a glimpse of the almighty general.

Father had made a new law in the palace, that no one was allowed to go to the highest floor of the castle which was where the warriors resided.  The only people allowed there were specific servants who go there to clean. And they only go once a day, when the warriors have all gone out for breakfast.

No one was allowed to come in contact with the warriors. Even the warriors did not move around the castle. They had a different route that lead to the back of the castle, and into the woods behind the castle.

I heard they go there for training.

Although I knew of this rule. I couldn't stop myself from climbing up the stairs, going further and further heading for the top floor. I tried to be as quiet as possible.

Not too long I made it to the top floor. I found my way to the rooms area and stood at the beginning of the hallway, doors on each side.

I knew that inside each room, there was a warrior. My heart pounded against my ribcage but I was too stubborn to turn back. I inhaled as I stepped forward, and continued slowly. The general's room was the last door at the end of the hallway.

I didn't even think of what I was going to do when I got there. All I knew was I wanted to see the huge, overly handsome man that had been continuously reappearing in my mind. I got closer with each step I took. Once I finally got to the door, I began to doubt the power I held as princess.

My heart was beating so loudly making me wonder if someone could actually hear it if they were next to me. Not knowing what to do I just stood there starring at the door, but to my surprise, the door was flushed open and in front of me stood the unearthly looking man.

I craned my head to meet his gaze. His eyebrows were pulled together forming a frown on his face. His left hand was holding the door frame. I looked down a little, his shoulders were so broad, his chest..... My eyes widened realizing he wasn't wearing a shirt. Again.

" Princess" he spoke and I lifted my eyes to meet his again
" What do you want?" He asked, his voice deep, yet raspy. I inhaled and cleared my throat
" What is your name?" I asked going straight to the point as I took a bold step forward to stand closer to him, of course causing me to lift my chin higher to meet his eyes.

I noticed his hold on the door frame tightened. He seemed to inhale quite deeply.
" My name is War" he stated, anger coating his tune. I glanced at his hand again, only to see he was gripping the frame tighter, his knuckles were turning white.

I looked back at his face
' Was he holding himself back from killing me?' I thought as I took a step backward.
" I, I just, I mean, your real name.." I tried again.
" War is my real name" he said firmly. I breathed out in frustration, could that really be his name? I sighed.

" How about an answer for an answer princess" he suggested. My eyes lit up in excitement. And I quickly nodded.

   " Did you ever come into my room?" He asked immediately.
' Why did he ask that? Should I just say no. But why do I have to lie, I'm the princess and I only entered when it wasn't yet his room...'  I thought. I was about speaking when .

" And lay on my bed?" He asked again. This time my eyes really widened. I couldn't accept to doing that right...
" I.. I'm..  it wasn't yet your...." I tried to speak unable to stop stuttering

" Princess" he called calmly interrupting my stutter. His eyes piercing through my soul.
" Do you know what you've done?" He asked, his frown deeper this time. I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't find any word. This man's aura was intimidating.

" Hm? Princess?" He asked again. I wanted to run away but I felt glued to the ground.

_______________________

Please.... Vote & Comment