Wake up earlier

As I got to the dining room I slowed down before walking in. I gave a little head bow to my father and he nodded at me. They were all quiet and it got me nervous. I sat at my father's left hand side, opposite prince Andrew while Elias was by me.

Father sighed.
" You're a woman Odeth. You should learn to wake up earlier. The men shouldn't be the ones waiting for you at the table. Don't think your future husband would be like me" Father scolded. I lowered my gaze embarrassed.
" You should be responsible. Being a princess shouldn't make you lazy" he added.

I heard a loud sigh from my side. No doubt it was Elias but I kept my head down.
" What is wrong with her husband waking before her?" Elias asked, he sounded irritated. I blinked quickly raising my head to see my father's shocked expression while Andrew glared at Elias. I was also speechless.

Elias's gaze shifted from father to prince Andrew
" I would pull out your eyes and feed them to rats if you don't look away this instant" Elias threatened. Anger oozing off him.

I thought Andrew would be stubborn as always but he dropped his gaze. He could tell that Elias was not in a good mood and wasn't joking. This felt uncomfortable. I had to lighten the mood. I looked at father.
" Father..  I'm sorry. I'd try to wake up earlier" I said and heard Elias scoff but I ignored it.

Father took in a deep breath.
" Let's eat" he said and started eating. Andrew followed cue. I glanced at Elias to see his eyes trained on me. I looked down at my food and started eating.

" Your highness" Elias spoke, turning our attention back to him.
" I and my men would be leaving the palace tomorrow" he announced. I froze as my eyes widened. I looked at him but his eyes were on father.
" So soon?" Father asked seemingly surprised as well.
" We've been here for a while now. We need to return to the borders to make sure nothing is going wrong" Elias said.

I looked at father and then back at Elias.
" Would you return once you're done at the borders?" Father asked again. I was glad he was asking. I prayed within for him to tell Elias to stay. At least a little longer.
" No" Elias replied.
" I have a house of my own. I told you I would not stay for long. And I believe we have stayed long enough" he added.

I gulped down staring at him but he refused to look at me. I wondered why he was suddenly leaving. I mean..... I knew he would leave but I didn't think it would be so soon.

Father nodded slowly, still eating.
" Very well then" he agreed and i instantly felt disappointed. He didn't tell Elias to stay.

Elias stood up from his chair and left without saying another word. I almost wanted to run after him,but I willed myself to remain seated. I ate even though I had already lost my appetite.
' Could I convince him to stay a bit more?' I thought. Why did I even want him to stay? If he leaves, I doubt I'd ever see him again and I didn't like that.

....

    Later that day. I strolled in the hallway. I needed to talk to Elias. Maybe I could convince him. I knew I was nothing and trying to make him stay was unreasonable. He's a warrior. The general at that and he shouldn't be here. Why would he even listen to me? It's not like I was important to him or somewhere.

He was the same man everyone feared, including my father, the emperor. The same one rumored to be ugly. Yet he was the most handsome man I had ever set my eyes on. He was the same one who killed mercilessly, who felt nothing. Who killed his own father. He's done so many bad things. He was the definition of bad.

The night we went into the village. I knew the blood on him couldn't have been that of animals. Killing an animal shouldn't splash blood all over him like that, or... Could it?. I had heard screams of men and it had scared my bones out of me. So when I saw Elias. I could quickly tell that he had something to do with the shouts I heard.

Yet knowing all this... I wasn't scared that he'd hurt me. Infact.... I.... Liked him, to an extent. I knew I liked him and I wanted him to stay. I knew I would miss him if he left.

I climbed up the stairs. I knew it was daytime and i might encounter the other warriors which scared me but I just really wanted to talk to Elias. When I got to the top floor, i saw that it was deserted. Not a sound could be heard except for my breathing and I feared they had left already, even though they were to leave the next day.

And then I realized that they would be in the woods training at this time. As much as I wanted to see him. I couldn't afford to go there. I started climbing down the stairs again. I went straight to the ground floor. As stepped down from the last stairs, I saw prince Andrew standing by the exit door.

He turned around to look at me and smiled
" Princess" he said and I smiled back remembering I had wanted to speak to him about this marriage thing.
" If it's okay with you.... I wanted us to talk" he said and I nodded as I started walking to him.
" I wanted to speak to you too" I replied, finally getting to him.

He stretched out his hand to me. I gave him my hand even though I didn't really want to. I wanted him to cooperate with what I was going to say so I didn't want to get him angry. He took my hand close to his lip and placed a kiss on the back of my palm. I took my hand back afterwards and we both walked out.

There was a long concrete path that went from the castle door all the way to the large gates which were very far ahead. We both  left the path and walked into the carpet grass by the sides. Both of us quiet.

" You wanted to speak to me" Andrew stated looking ahead.
" You go first" I muttered still thinking of a proper way to say what I had to say. He hummed and then looked at me but I kept my eyes ahead as we strolled.
" It's about the general" he started. And for some reason, I tensed up. Still, I didn't look at him and he continued.

" I know I shouldn't interfere with your kingdom's affairs but I don't like him" he said.
" As if anyone likes him" I said under my breath.
" You said?" He asked, his pitch higher. I didn't reply. I was sure he heard me. He soon came to a stop and I stopped too.

" I know he's protecting his kingdom, but he's overstepping. He's just a general. He thinks too highly of himself. What if he tries to overthrow your father. I'm concerned because we'll be getting married soon and I would be the next emperor. I do not want such a general" He said. He sounded more angry than worried.

And did he say getting married? To who? Me? Never.

Please vote & COMMENT

Please read!!!
    I know I probably shouldn't be saying this here. But if you are or were or will be a reader if my novel  "Attraction" which is already completed. Then great. I've finally decided that there would be a book II. And you'll all get what you wanted. Hehe.  Alright then that's all.

Don't forget to leave your comments and tell me what you think about this chapter. I really enjoy reading your comments.