I'll chase you. Princess

Elias Pov

     I was on edge recently. My time in the palace was quickly coming to an end. At the beginning I didn't want to stay. But now..... I still don't want to stay but the princess was here. That made me want to stay.

I had also noticed she was doing everything she could to avoid me. When I told her to stay away from me, I didn't think she actually would or was there a different reason? Had she finally come to her senses and realized I was a dangerous man? I sighed in frustration.

I had joined the emperor for dinner the previous night. But only because I wanted to see the princess and I missed her scent. But then that..  good for nothing prince was there too and I had gotten even more angered when I smelt him on the princess.

It left me wondering how she got his smell all over her and causing me to do a little too much at the dinning. Not like I really cared much tho.

I turned around in my room walking back and forth. I thought of how she stared at Andrew. I knew the emperor wanted her to marry him, but I wouldn't allow it. Besides, she didn't want to. I sat on my bed. I sighed again and stood up. What was up with me? Not like I wanted to marry the princess or anyone at all.

I wasn't going to get married or attach myself to any woman. Yet I was having second thoughts when I thought about the princess. Was she worth the trouble? Wasn't it just her scent that I wanted. That was all that attracted me right? Then why did it anger me only thinking of her being close to that short prince.

It would be good if she married him, Also I should leave the palace. Maybe then I won't be so wanting of her scent or her.

I sat again. I shouldn't be thinking so much about this. This wasn't supposed to be a big issue for me. I stood up.

I couldn't deny that I craved the princess's scent. I prayed what I felt wasn't an addiction, because if it was, then it'd be dangerous.
  I had to find her. I had recently noticed that I get paranoid and do things without thinking when I haven't been around her for a while. Like... going to the dinner and acting in a way that I usually wouldn't.

I came out of my room and went through the back stairs. My men were waiting for me in the woods for training. I guess they'd have to wait for a while.

I had no idea where the princess was and I didn't want to go find her in her room. There will probably be way too much of her scent. And loosing my mind wasn't something I planned on doing. So I decided to rely on my instincts to find her.

I headed for the throne room. I was sure I was going the right way since there was a trail of her scent. Getting to the throne room. I stood. I could push the doors open like I usually do without being questioned by anyone, not even the emperor, but I stood to listen. Just to be sure of what I'm barging into.

The little woman I was looking for was right inside the throne room with the emperor. Their voices were low but still I could hear them. Another curse that I took advantage of.

She was begging the emperor to let her go out into the village with her maid to get stuff. But the emperor kept telling her that the maid would have to go alone because it wasn't safe outside the palace, especially for a princess.

She was stubborn and kept trying to convince him saying she's bored of the palace and she needs to see what's going on outside.
  From the way the conversation was going, I knew the emperor would never agree to letting her out. I could convince him saying I'd follow to protect her.

But going out into the village, I would draw everyone's attention due to the feets at which I stand tall and my body statue. The ordinary villagers weren't supposed to see me.

     After so much argument. She finally gave up. I could hear her footsteps coming closer to the door. I stepped aside. She pulled one of the doors open, only enough for her small frame to come out and the door closed back on its own once she was out.

" Hello princess" I muttered. She snapped her gaze to me startled. She blinked.
" Wha... what are you doing here?" She asked hesitantly. I grabbed her hand and pulled her along with me away from the throne room area. I took her to a quiet corner and let go of her. She stared at me.

" Princess" I muttered but she didn't reply.
" Are you by any chance avoiding me?" I asked. She looked away from me. GUILTY.
" You better not princess. I did warn you at the beginning but you were stubborn. It's too late now. You're no longer allowed to avoid me now" I said with a straight face.

Her eye brows pulled together but she avoided meeting my eyes
" You told me to stay away from you. You're a dangerous man" She said. Her voice very low like she was scared to say it.

" Are you only just realizing that I'm dangerous? Well too bad. I changed my mind. You can't run away now. I don't chase women princess. But I'll  find you no matter where you try to hide away from me" I said. And she finally looked at me.
" What do you mean?" She asked.

I stepped closer to her.
" I'll chase you. Princess" i said. I seemed to have no control over my words. I don't know when I decided this. I was against this earlier, but standing in front of her. It seemed my tongue had made all the decisions on its own without my consent.

However I had no complains. I would actually chase her if she tried to run away.

She stepped backward away from me and broke eye contact.
" You... you... You" she stuttered unable to speak
" What are you saying?" She suddenly asked dismissively.
" I said I'll chase you" I stated again.
" I heard you the first time. But... What do you mean by that even?" She asked looking anywhere but me.

I was a little confused. What other meaning was there to my sentence except what I clearly stated?

" You wanted to go outside the palace. Am I right?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded a little.
" I'll take you out then" I said. She looked interested but hesitant.
" But... My father.." she was saying. I interrupted
" Leave it to me princess. It is necessary that you see what's outside the palace walls. I'll take you out. You don't have to worry" I told her and she nodded.

" We leave at night" I added and then walked away finally remembering my men were still in the woods waiting for me.

Only I knew how badly I wanted to touch her. Feel her skin closely. It wasn't all about the scent anymore. I wanted to get to touch her but I'd have to wait.

Yay... I was finally able to write another chapter. This literally took me almost two hours to write. I don't know what's wrong with my head.

  However I think I'm back on track. Yay. 🥳🥳.

But still. Updates on this story are NOT promised to be frequent at all.