Gentle Man

" I'm sure you won't be so curious about me anymore after seeing what I can do, I'm a dangerous man after all princess and you shouldn't be often found in front of my room, right princess?" He said going to my neck again. I couldn't really think about what he's said as I felt his breadth lightly fanning my skin and causing goosebumps to appear all-over.

For some reason, I didn't fear him as much as I should, even though he was currently pinning me to his bed. Yes he was way bigger than I was but yet I wasn't scared.

I wanted him to touch me, but except his hand which held mine above my head, his other hand never touched me at all. Making things all worse, he let go of my hands and stood up making me immediately miss his warmth.

He stared down at me who still hadn't been able to sit up
"Leave whenever you want, you could however stay for as long as you want. I have some men who still need training" he said simply but still stood starring at me.

I looked everywhere except him as I sat up on the bed. He hissed shortly and murmured a few words that I didn't pick up on before turning around and leaving me in the room.

The room smelt strongly of him and not of blood and sweat but... it did smell woodsy and cold and... A smell that only he had, I didn't know what it was. I sighed
' Was he being nice to me earlier?'  I thought. It didn't look like he'd hurt me or was it just because I was the princess?

It couldn't be. It seemed more to me that he didn't care about my status as princess. Only now that I remembered Andrew was still at the forest. I quickly got up hoping he really wasn't dead. I ran out of the room and out of the first floor.

While running down the stairs, I caught sight of Isidore
" Isidore..." I called loudly. She looked at me and I quickly hurried to her breathing heavily.

" Pri.... Prince Andrew" I stuttered. Her eyes widened
" My princess, your father had been looking everywhere for you... The warriors brought prince Andrew to the castle unconscious" she reported.

I was glad he was no longer in the forest ' Did Elias tell them to bring him here?' I wondered as I didn't hear him say it to them. I however didn't dwell on the thought for long

" Is . Is he okay?" I asked afraid of the answer I might get.
" He's okay but your father is worried about you" she replied. I nodded allowing her to lead the way to wherever father was. We both walked to the throne room. I knew father would be angry at me and wouldn't let me go anywhere near the warriors again.

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open stepping in only to see him pacing back and forth. I glanced behind me to see that Isidore remained outside. Looking back at Father, I met his eyes. I dropped my gaze ashamed of myself.

" I'm sorry father" I muttered.
Father hurried to me and held my shoulders as he looked me over " Are you injured?" He asked surprising me. I looked up at him to see his worried eyes.
" Are you okay, were you hurt too?"  He asked and I quickly shook my head indicating a NO.

" But...prince.. Andrew, he... He.." I struggled to speak as the words got stuck at the back of my throat. Father sighed and let go of me
" About that..., We'll speak later but first. Prince Andrew wants to see you, something about him being worried about you" he said now frowning.  I nodded

* * *

   I walked into prince Andrew's room after he told me to come in.  I stood not moving away from the door starring at him. A bandage was wrapped around his head, his hair falling over it, doing little to hide it. I felt guilty.

" I believe you weren't hurt?" he asked scanning me over with his eyes. I nodded.
" I'm glad, I was worried sick" he said
" I'm sorry i..." He spoke again but stopped.
" God. I hate that man" he spoke in frustration.

" I'm sorry for what happened, I shouldn't have brought you along with me.. I...." I was saying...
" Don't say that" he interrupted
" I wanted to be there. It wasn't your fault in anyway" he said as he strolled towards me.

He got to me and stood in front of me, I dropped my gaze but he lifted my face up again, with his hands cupping my cheeks. He slightly bent his back to be on same eye level with me and smiled

" I'm okay" he said. I blinked as I stared at him ' Was I really only just realizing how handsome prince Andrew was?' I thought. I smiled back at him. I felt relieved knowing he was okay but yet, my stomach still felt tight.

He let go of my face and stood to his full height again. He was tall. Taller than father but no where near Elias. I wanted to ask questions but wasn't sure if it was okay to ask. Prince Andrew turned around walking back to his bed.

" Come" he said and I followed.
" I can't have the princess standing. Sit" he said now gesturing towards the bed. I slowly sat down. I could clearly see why father liked him so much and wanted me to get married to him. He was such a gentle man.

" Want to talk? I can sense there's something on your mind" he said and squatted in front of me but not touching me. I looked down at him.

His eyes were brown, you'd almost think it's black if you don't look closely. He had thick eyebrows and medium length thick lashes that fluttered each time he blinked looking up at me.

*

I was wondering if I should change Prince Anderson's name, does it sound girly when you don't add prince to it? Let me know please. It's giving me sleepless nights

Also . I was wondering if you were all confused. So Elias was 10 when he started fighting wars, so 20 years after... Meaning he's currently 30.
Prince Anderson is 25  and...
Odeth is 20.

I had to put this here because it might not be mentioned in the story ever. So

Hope you like this chapter

Vote & Comment