The door frame

" Odeth" Raymond yelled suddenly, bringing all my thoughts to a stop. Her eyes moved away from me to her father
" What are you doing here?" he asked. She didn't say anything but instead looked at me stretching her hand towards me.

I kept my feet on the ground fighting the stupid urge to walk closer to her and help her up.
' Was this princess a witch?' I thought. I didn't understand the hold she had on me

" Odeth" the emperor yelled again, this time, he was really angry. Something in me didn't like the way he yelled at her but it wasn't supposed to be my business.

She stood up to her feet, dusting invisible dirt off her body. My eyes involuntarily ran over her body, she had slim hands, slim body, the pink dress she wore defined all of her curves, I swallowed down.

" So sorry for this general, this is my daughter. Odeth" Raymond said to me, he coughed. He was nervous and that was how I wanted it, no one ever felt relaxed around me, not even my men.
" She... She can be careless at times" he says. That much I could already tell.

" No, I'm not" she whined. He glared at her and she kept quiet. I liked to hear her talk. I was getting angry, I could feel it from my insides. I didn't like how Raymond talked to her. But she was his daughter

" I have some things to handle, I'll take my leave now" I lied, anything to get away from the princess.
" Oh yes, of cause, of cause" Raymond responded quickly and I turned around as I walked away from them, I could feel her eyes on me as I left.

* * *

   That night, I stayed in my room, the sheets on the bed had been changed, the scent of the princess was gone completely. I'm supposed to feel relieved but no, I can't get myself to sleep, this however was the normal before I started sleeping on her scent.

I felt rage for no reason, not like there was ever a reason for it before. There was a strange fire burning in me, not one I've felt before. I stood up, trying to contain myself. It burnt me from within. I grabbed unto the wall.

This was a part of the curse, I went through pain. And it pushed me to inflict it on others. It came in different forms. I hadn't felt this since I got into this room, although it's only been  three days or was it more, at the moment I couldn't remember how many days I've been here.

But now that the scent was gone. It was back, tormenting me even more than I remembered it. I groaned. I was used to the pain, but for moment, I thought all of it was gone. I was mistaken. Slowly, the pain started subsiding. I could smell her, she was around here. I turned and walked to my door.

I pulled it open and behold, she was right in front of my door. Her heavenly scent immediately flooding my nostrils. I pulled my eyebrows together, what could have brought her here? I placed my hand on the door frame.

All the pain I was feeling earlier seemed to fly away. I didn't feel too happy with this. Why did her presence have so much control over me. She was just a woman. Like every other one I've bent over my knee, so what was it about her?

Her eyes went down my body. I could feel how her eyes traced my bare body.
" Princess" I spoke softly and she lifted her eyes to meet mine again.
" What do you want?" I asked, my brain unsettled.
" What is your name?" She asked stepping closer to me as she looked up at me.

My grip on the door frame tightened as I fought the need to grab her closer. I inhaled, her scent was enticing, calling me in every way
" My name is War" I managed to say. I felt angry at my lack of self control.

My hold on the door frame tightening every passing second. I knew it could break if I held it tighter. And thankfully she stepped backward
" I.. I just, I mean your real name" she inquired.
" War is my real name" I stated as I released my grip on the door frame, but still held it.

No one had ever paid interest to my real name. Everyone just called me by my last name. Perhaps it suited me better. Only a few people knew my name, my men, the emperor and a few others. But it seemed they had all forgotten War isn't actually my name.

If she really wanted to know, I'll tell her then.
" How about an answer for an answer princess" I suggested. I noticed her eyes lit up in excitement, she quickly agreed.

    " Did you ever come into my room?" I asked and she stilled visibly. She was silent. That alone gave me the answer.
" And lay on my bed?" I asked further, her eyes widened. I got my answer from her facial expressions and body language.

" I.. I'm, it wasn't yet your. .." she stuttered.
" Princess" I said, stopping her attempt for a speech. I wondered why she came into my room but that wasn't the main focus. Whatever made her lay on my bed wasn't as important as the aftermath of her actions. I stared directly into her eyes.

" Do you know what you've done?" I asked. My brows forming a deeper frown. She opened her mouth to speak but didn't say anything
" Mm princess?" I asked. I needed her to say some. Look what she was doing to me, if not already done.

" You.. you haven't answered my question" she spoke, trying to switch the topic.
" Well princess, I don't recall you giving me an answer to mine with" I replied. She was silent again and just stared at me.

My self control was hanging by a thread, I wanted her closer so badly, I felt the pull inside of me. I wanted to keep her here with me.

________________________
I'm so.... sorry for this awfully late update. Forgive me

However, I hope you like this

Please....

Vote & Comment