Chapter • 1

"And that's the thing about illicit affairs,"
Illicit affairs by Taylor swift

I lay on my bed staring at my ceiling. God my life is boring. I force myself to sit up and grab my phone. I scroll through TikTok for a few minutes before going onto messages. I click on Momona and send her a quick hi.

Momo! 🩷

You: hey wyd

Momo: nothing, wby?

You: same I'm so bored 😭

Momo:We should do something together

You: I'm kinda hungry

Momo: WANNA BAKE COOKIES?

You: YES OBVIOUSLY

Momo: My house?

You: Ill be there in 20

Momo: great xx

At least I have Momona. A few years ago, while she was filming the babysitters club I was playing a background character for fun when she walked up to me and we started chatting. We exchanged numbers and started hanging out every day. Shes my only friend. I haven't seen her much lately because she was filming a show called The secret headquarters. She's finally finished though.

I quickly threw my hair up and puts some uggs on and walked out the door

🎬 time skip to when you arrive 🎬

I get out of my Uber and see Momo standing on her front porch.I run up and hug her "I swear I haven't seen you in forever!" I say to her "I know, I've just been so busy filming lately". She leads me into her beautiful house, it has high ceilings, marble benches and gorgeous chandeliers. We walk into the kitchen and sit down on the island chairs. "So how are we gonna bake these cookies?" She asks. "We both love chocolate so what about some double chocolate cookies??" I answer "you know me to well" she laughs. "I'll find a recipe" Momona takes out her phone and googles some recipes. "Ooo this one sounds yum!" She exclaims. "What is it?" I lean over and look down at her phone. Double chocolate chip cookies with Nutella and marshmallow icing. "That sounds like heavennn! I need it" we go to her huge walk in pantry and collect all the ingredients. We finally have everything set up on the counter. "You know what would be so fun?" Momona asks. I shrug "let's live stream it!" She exclaims. My stomach drops "uhh.. sure" i managed to get out. She must've noticed my unsure expression and said "oh, we don't have to if you don't feel comfortable" she says with a warm smile. "No no, really it's fine. It will be fun!" I lied. We setup the live on her phone. She clicks the start button and people flood in the chat. "Hey everyone, today I'm here with my best friend, y/n" I watch the live

Randomuser5789: She's so pretty!
Randomuser6677: hey y/n
Randomuser2018: what are you doing today??
Randomuser5808: why does y/n's hair look like that?

I see the comment talking about my hair and immediately slick down all my fly always. I give a small wave and say hi. "So Momona, what are we doing today?" I say nervously as if we didn't plan this. "Today we are baking double chocolate chip cookies with Nutella and mini marshmallows!". She shows the live our ingredients and then it's finally time to start.
I melt some butter while Momo puts coco powder in a bowl. "Ok next step is..to put sugar in and mix" I say looking at the recipe. We go through step by step adding and mixing ingredients while we answered questions from the live.

Randomuser2727:do you act y/n?

"Oh Randomuser2727, I only do extra parts at the moment." I answer.

Randomuser87656: thank god you not a main

Randomuser2335: I think you would be amazing!

I try not to let the comments get to me. This is what I'm afraid of. That's why I always get extra parts and never audition for roles. Better safe than sorry right? "You ok y/n?" Momona asks me "oh yeah I'm fine! Just zoned out haha" I smile. The rest of the live goes pretty smooth and I start to feel more comfortable. By the time the cookies are in the oven Momona's kitchen is a complete disaster. The marble counters are sprayed with flour and chocolate chips have fallen on the floor. "Momo, we better clean this before anyone sees it" I giggle. "Yeah good idea!" She laughs back. We wipe down counters and vacuum the floor while the cookies bake. The time rings when the cookies are ready. "Y/n! The cookies are ready" Momona calls. I walk over to the oven and get the tray of deformed chocolate blobs that looked like charcoal out with mits. "Um Momo, how many minutes did you put them in for??" I say looking up from the tray. "WAS AN HOUR TO LONG?!" She exclaims. "MOMONA, YOU PUT IT ON FOR AN HOUR?" I realised that it did feel like the cookies were in there for a long time.. "I'm sure Nutella and marshmallows can fix it?" We both burst out in laughter. Oh dear. We put toppings on for fun and force ourselves to put dark chocolate, burnt blobs in our mouth. "Mmm..yum" I say sarcastically, spitting the coal out in the bin a few seconds later. "That was gross! I need a drink" I agree and we skull water down like we love live in the Sahara desert. We decide to end the stream half an hour later since it was getting late. "Me and y/n are gonna have to end the live now!" Momona tells the live. We end it and throw out the cookies, if someone eats them, they would probably throw up. We lay down on the couch out of exhaustion and talk. "Momo that was so fun! Thank you" I say "anytime y/n, I'm happy you enjoyed it." I pick up my phone and look at the time. "Awhh, I gotta go now" I say as she frowns. "Oh, it was so nice to see you irl again!" She says "we have to do this again some time!" "Yeah for real". She walks me outside and waits until my Uber picks me up. I wave goodbye and get it the car. My driver smells like he hasn't showered in a week. Fabulous.

🎬Time skip to when you get out of the Uber 🎬

The sunlight feels nice on my arms so I stay in my front yard for a while. I lie on my back, the grass pokes my skin while I look through Insta. I come across a random post saying 'Just submitted my pjo audition!'. The Percy Jackson series is my favourite book series in the entire world. I look into the information. And find out it was true. I ponder a moment thinking about auditioning. No, no I can't, I've only ever been an extra. I dismiss all thoughts about being a main. It's for the best, I can't act and wouldn't get the job anyways. I send it to Momona to see if she want to audition.

                                     Momo! 🩷

You: link

Momo: oh wow y/n, this is your chance. I know you adore the Percy Jackson series. I have heard your rants  and all your theories.

Momo: who are you auditioning for??

You: oh I'm not auditioning, I thought you might.

Momo: what? Whyyyy 😢

You: I'd never be able to pull off a main. I'm happy with extras.

Momo: NO Y/N YOU HAVE TO DO IT

Momo: YOU WOULD BE THE PERFECT ANNABETH!

You: Momo seriously, I can't. What if the cast doesn't like me? What if the acting looks horrible 🤷‍♀️

Momo: You are doing this. You have to.

You: I'll think about it. Im going to have dinner

I get up and walk inside my house, locking the door behind me. "Y/n?" My mum calls. "I'm home" I say walking into the kitchen. She must've checked my location because I didn't have any messages asking where I was. "Momona's house?" She asks. "Yeah she finally finished her movie. She smiles and I walk upstairs.  

A/n

Thanks for reading the first chapter of many to come! There will be Walker in the next couple of chapters, don't worry. This one is probably the longest a chapter will get. I apologise in advance since chapter 2 may take 2-3 days but I'll try and get it out asap.

Word count: 1361