Chapter • 22

"I would do whatever you wanted, we don't have to leave the apartment"
Feels like by Gracie Abrams

I remember all those times Cory acted strange.. and how I felt around him. "Maybe..but why?" I sniffled.

"I'm really not sure" Walker said
"Do you know if the hotel has cameras in the rooms?" I asked. "Well I've been here before on a family trip" Walker said. "I'm pretty sure they have footage but won't show anyone" he explains.
"What do we do?" I ask. Even if they did have footage, they'd never show some random teenagers in baggy tops and sweats. We can't just walk to the reception and say 'hey man we need the footage of ourselves!'

"Have you seen the hidden door?" Walker says casually "what 'hidden door'?" I wondered
"There's a door sorta near the buffet and I reckon they might keep the footage there" Walker tells me. I can see his mind ticking away, thinking up a plan. "Let's go." Walker says, standing up and walking towards the door. "WAIT WHAT" I yelled out to Walker. "Cmon" he said. I reluctantly got up and followed him.

We walk into the elevator and zoom down. The reception is empty, even the front desk. "try to stay quiet" walker says with a hushed voice. We go past reception and gift shop which is locked up. Everything looks 10x more creepy than normal. Before we get to the buffet, we take a turn into a door I didn't even know was there. It blends into the black wall and was especially hard to spot at night. "My.. friends dad used to work here" Walker tells me. The door leads to a dark room, so small the both of us would touch noses if I looked his way. A staircase starts a few meters from where we are standing and Walker takes the lead. "Is this safe?" I ask
"hope so" he says.

I shiver from the cold moist air and continue down the staircase. It sorta smells like grandma perfume and rotten wood.. weird mix.

I finally see the end of the steps and sigh in relief. Blue light shines out of the room and onto the last step, that seems to be broken. I jump over the broken step and find myself in front of a massive room full of tvs and lights. It has short walls and carpet that reminds me of the one from primary school. "This is weird" I say to Walker. He agrees and sits down at the main desk, looking for the files.

"What day did it happen?" He asks
"probably 2 days ago" I say as he clicks that day. We see all the room numbers and footage lined up along the screen.  "Room?" Walker says turning around on his chair to face me. " 210" I respond. We soon find my footage and excitement brews in my stomach. We look at through from 10-3am for the footage. On 3:08, the screen glitches out, only showing pitch black footage. "WHAT?" I say in despair. Walkers mouth hangs open in shock. "But- how?" Walker stammers. As he says that we hear a creek of a door coming from the staircase. "Hide!" He whispers. I look around and see a  cupboard just big enough for me to squeeze inside. I squish my limbs in and try to slow my breathing down so it isn't loud. Walker is too tall so he hides behind a huge shelf that has books and notes on it, but has to kneel because his hair pokes out the top.

Footsteps boom louder as they get closer. Finally, a black tall figure stepped into the room. His body shape told me it was a man, big bulky and muscular much like my bodyguard. He walked over to where Walker was just sitting and clicked around at different times... in my room! The footage was grainy but good enough to make out my every move. He turned off all the computer screens, dimming the room. The only light was a small burning candle I hadn't noticed before, but the big man soon blew that out too.

As the man left and we waited to hear the door click, the whole room was dark and Smokey from the candle.  "I think we can come out" Walker says standing up. I hop out of the cupboard "DONT MOVE" Walker whispered. I stand still, freaked out. He swipes at my shoulder and a black, hairy spider with multiple eyes and a red stripe across its back crawls off me and back into the cupboard. I shriek in terror, I despise spiders. Walker cups my mouth before anyone hears me. "Sorry, sorry my bad" I apologise "no, it's fine, don't worry about it" he assumes me. "We better get out of here" he says. I nod and follow him back up the dusty stairs.

We run back to his apartment, mission failed. I huff and puff from running "who was that man?" I say "no clue" Walker responds. "Someone must've corrupted the footage" I say, "you should probably stay here for the night" Walker suggests "yeah okay" I said. I follow him into his room and we get onto his bed, exhausted. "Do you need a hoodie?" Walker asks "that would be great" I say smiling softly. He gives me one, a navy blue colour that smells like him. My eyes begin to get heavy, and I lay down while Walker plays with my hair.

————————————————————————————

A shadow of a girl my age smirks wickedly before closing me in. She pushes and pushes me, gradually making me get closer to the balcony. I struggle forwards but she's too strong. She takes the collar of my silk pjs and pulls my hair, making me look in her eyes. Before I can say anything, she pushes me right over the edge of the tall building. Everything slows down and I watch as her face become smaller. Lights flash from cars and I'm about to hit the concrete. But I don't.

"Y/n?" Walker says. I sit-up, still in walkers apartment. I breath unsteadily, it was just a nightmare. "Sorry, nightmare" I apologised. He frowns "y/n, it's fine" Walker assures. Thank goodness Walker suggested I stayed for the night, I'm still frightened from the nightmares and his presence makes me feel secure .

He strokes my head, comforting me. I lie back down and put my arms around him. He kisses me lightly on my forehead and says "good night". I can't go to sleep though, my life is a wreck.

I open my eyes to the smell of fresh maple syrup and pancakes. I look to my left and see Walker is gone, he must be in the kitchen.

As I suspected, there he is, standing in the small apartment kitchen with a stack of chocolate chip pancakes. "Morning!" He says cheerfully
"how are you so happy, it's 7 in the morning!" I ask as he shrugs his shoulders.
"maple syrup?" He offers, pulling out a massive bottle of amber coloured maple syrup. I devour my pancakes, which were the best I've ever had and take a picture of Walker

 I devour my pancakes, which were the best I've ever had and take a picture of Walker

Goofy hat. I think about posting it to instagram but decide against it. I have to clear my name first, make sure everyone knows the truth.

A/n: hey y'all, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while but there's more chapters on the way!

-L

Word count: 1254