Chapter • 23

"Focus in on me"
Focus by Dior Goodjohn

🎬third person pov🎬

The room falls silent as y/n walks in, the directors have been fussing about her all morning.

"Y/n, you are needed in the office immediately" y/n's agent says with a disapproving tone. She sighs and reluctantly follows her.

The office is wide and has a large, long table in the centre. Sitting around it is the social media team, the directors and Rick. "Take a seat" Rick says, waving his arm to the nearest chair.

"I didn't do anything I swear! I- " y/n starts

🎬Walkers pov as requested🎬

I arrived at set this morning and y/n wasn't with the makeup artist. I'm really worried about her, this can seriously ruin her future and career if we don't get evidence it wasn't her. Honestly I'm more worried about how she is handling it though, she was talking about how Leah must hate her along with the rest of her friends.

"Um Walker?" My hairdresser asks, "sorry, yes?" I say. "Can you look down for me?" She instructs. As I do so, one of the photographers opens the door. By the look on his face, I can already tell that it's nothing good. "Sorry Claire, I know you're in the middle of doing Walker's hair but I need him" he says. My hairdresser, Claire, sighs and spins me around towards the door.

I'm not sure where the photographer is taking me but it's unusually silent. The cameras are packed away, the stylists are leaving and nobody is on set. This can't just be about Y/n..right?

As we get closer to the office, I can see Y/n in there along with Rick and the directors. I open the office door and Y/n looks as if she's seen a ghost, like she's about to cry any moment but she's holding it in. I just want to go up to her and hug her but one of the directors insists I sit next to him.

"It has come to our attention that some despicable behaviour has been displayed online" he says. I scoff silently, they can't really believe she would ever write something like that, especially to her best friends and fans. "What do you know about it, Walker?" One of the members from the social media team asks. Why are they so harsh?

"All I know is it wasn't Y/n. She would never even think of saying things like that and I believe she was hacked or something" I say and look over to Y/n, she gives me a smile but looks back down at her feet. In the corner of my eye I see a guy from the social media team roll his eyes. "Walker, how would this even be possible?" Rick asks "as soon as we cast her we made sure anything like that wouldn't happen." He continues. Why can't they just hear me out for one second? The only person in this room that is actually hearing me out is Rick.

I wait a couple seconds before answering, trying to think of what to say. "Would anyone for just a second hear me out? Nobody has even tried to consider Y/n's side of the story." I raise my voice "ENOUGH!" One of the directors echoed and mumbled something on the lines of 'he's no use, get him out of here' to his assistant.

I didn't even wait to get told to leave. I couldn't leave Y/n in there alone with those imbeciles though, so I took her hand and walked her out. "Walker wait-" Y/n starts to say, her voice trembling "They are idiots!" I yell furiously. I can't talk to y/n while I'm this angry so I lead her to one of the prop trailers, where nobody ever is in.

"I'm sorry" I apologise , realising I was gripping her wrist hard and yelling. "It's fine" she says softly. What do I even say?

I'm still so angry but before I can say anything she says "thank you" which confuses me. "What?" I ask. She smiles "for standing up for me and it takes courage to talk to them like that" she said to me. "I just blew all your chances thou-" before I can finish she pulls me close and presses her lips on mine.

A/n: hey y'all I'm finally back writing new chapters! Hope you are liking the story and voting for my book is appreciated! I can't begin to explain or express how grateful I am for all my readers. You really motivate me so I owe you everything.

Love you xx

Word count: 784

-L