Chapter • 10

"I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings"
Paper rings by Taylor Swift

Today is my last day at public school. The whole school is buzzing with rumours and drama about me. People point to me and whisper to their friends. Maria and her demons and not happy about me getting this much attention. I walk to my locker and see an unusual sticky note on my locker. It was bright pink and in messy writing it read

ME YOU ON THE OVAL AFTER BELL
OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES

I take it off and sigh. This has to be Maria, who else would it be? My suspicions are confirmed when she walks up to me and snarls.It's 2024, grow up Maria.  I don't know how to get out of school without going past the oval. It's the only student exit. I guess I'll have to figure it out, for now I can go to my classes. At least Walker is picking me up today since we have a fitting and then a dinner with Rick and aryan.

🎬 Time skip to the end of school 🎬

I can finally leave this prison for good. I walk out of my maths classroom and head to my locker. I stuff books, pencils and other random shit into my bag. I know the back of the school will be locked, and the office is strictly out of bounds for students unless necessary. Maybe if I get out quick I can beat Maria there. I race out the building and try to get to the exit. Unluckily, Maria has bet me there. One of her demon minions drags me to her. "GET OFF ME!" I yell and try to get away. Her grip is too strong, she's a gymnast. Maria smirks "Scared huh?" She growls. Another one of her friends holds me down. Before I know it, Maria is swinging at me. She punches me in my nose, making a river of blood flow down into my mouth. She keeps punching and I struggle to get away. I finally give in and pass out.

🎬Walkers pov🎬

I wait in the car for y/n. The bell chimes and kids all ages flood into the street. I get out and try to spot y/n. I wait until most kids are out and only a few are left. I begin to worry if she's even here. I walk into the school using the side entry so the office doesn't notice me. I see a girl passed out on the grass, bloody. 4 others are standing and watching a short brown hair girl beat her up. They cackle wickedly and give small kicks. It takes me two seconds to realise that's y/n. "WHAT THE HECK" I scream at them. They all look in my direction and stop. I run towards y/n and fall to the ground. I look up at them "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I yell. "FUCK OFF YOU ASSHOLES" they scram and im left with y/n. Her face is badly bruised and her nose is smashed up. I pick her up and run out.

🎬y/n pov🎬

I open my eyes. Beeping comes from my left and my face feels like it's a big heavy bowling ball. I try to turn my neck but it's so painful I yell in agony. My whole body hurts, especially my nose. A doctor rushes towards me "take it slowly y/n". I use my hands to sit myself up. He gives me a warm mug of orange liquid. "Drink this, it'll soothe your throat" The doctor instructs. It tastes like honey and mint. I wait for around half an hour trying to remember what happened. Maria's face flashes in my mind. The door opens and Walker comes in. "Oh my gosh, are you okay y/n?" He asks and hugs me. "Yeah. Could I see what my face looks like?" I croak. He nods and takes out his phone and hand it to me. I go onto the camera and sit there in shock. My face is swollen and yellow and purple blotches cover my face. A big white plaster is on my nose. "Is it.. broken?" I ask Walker. "Thankfully, not just very hurt" he tells me. He pulls a white chair over and sit down next to me, holding my hand. "Why did they.. do this" he asks. "Well, Maria, the girl who was punching me, has hated me for years" I start "She's still holding a grudge from when I bet her in every relay in primary school" I add. "She's.. jealous?" I say. Walker nods and stays with me.

A/n: I know this idea is bizarre but it will make sense later. Sorry to leave you on a cliff hanger, I need sleep. Poor ayran and door aren't even in the story yet. Anyways 2 new chapter out tomorrow!!

Word count: 826