Chapter • 6

"I love you when your singing that song and I got a lump in my throat cause your gonna sing the words wrong"
Riptide by Vance joy

The emails circles in my head. The chemistry audition and screen test is today. I'm also finding out if I'm gonna be Annabeth in a week. I watch as people go in and out of buildings and shops. The car pulls to a stop and I get out. I'm at a different location from last time. This time it's a narrow but tall building. I walk in to see what I need to do. A bald man sits at the front desk clicking away on his computer. "Excuse me?" I say. He looks up from his computer and says "ah, you must be here for the Annabeth audition?" He asks "yes sir" I answer. He nods and I follow him to a small waiting room. The two other girls are sitting in chairs quietly. I recognise them from last time. One is pale with mousy brown hair and green eyes and the other has black silky hair and blue eyes. I sit down next to them awkwardly. One of the directors from last time struts into the room "good afternoon, we will take you in one by one to see Walker and say some lines. You will have 10 minutes to get to know Walker." He says then walks back into the room he came from. "What now?" The brunette girl asks. I shrug. "Claire Fulle, please make your way to room B7." The Black hair girl stands up and nervously walks into the room labeled B7. She closes the two loud double doors behind her. Me and the brunette girl stay seated in silence for 15 minutes before the girl comes back out and I get called in. I try to put on a confident face and walk in. The room is filled with bright lights. In the centre of the room is two chairs, one which Walker is sitting in. I'm instructed to sit down in the empty chair. "Hey, I'm Walker Scobell" he says "nice to meet you, I'm y/n" I smile. "That's a really pretty name" he says. I feel my cheeks flush red. "Thank you" I stutter. "So, are you excited to be Percy Jackson?" I ask. "Yeah, I've loved the books for ages. It's been a dream of mine" he answers. "I'm still not sure how I got the job, I was a nervous wreck when I auditioned." He says "same, I was surprised to make it to the 2nd audition" I laugh. He's really nice. We talk for 5 more minutes until we are interrupted by Rick. "Okay, could you please say these lines together?" He says. Me and Walker take the paper and practice for a few moments. We are told to start and I think it went really well. I wasnt perfect but Walker made me feel comfortable admitting he was really nervous as well. The people in the room applauded us as we finish. "Thank you y/n, you can exit the way you entered now." The director says. "Wait y/n!" Walker says "yes?" I say "It was really fun working with you, could I get your number?" He asks. His face is pink. "Of course" I say. I give it to him and walk away saying goodbye.

🎬Walkers POV🎬

The last girl Claire was.. something but y/n is someone I could see as Annabeth. She's kind and her acting is amazing. I recognise her from somewhere though? Insta? Movie? Oh! She did a TikTok live with Momona. She starts walking out the door but this may be my only chance to see her again. "Wait! Y/n" I shout and run towards her. "Yes?" She asks. I ask her for her number.

🎬Back to y/n pov in the next chapter🎬

A/n: Walker has entered. Tysm for 20 reads on chapter 3. It means the world to me.

Word count: 651