chapter 2

"Ye know, ye dona have to do whatever the old hag says" Frederick replied while they stay put on their positions and began to eat small indefinite amount of food.  Iona looked at his brother's sympathetic eyes and inhaled a deep air.

"If only, .. mother is"

"Alive .. aye, i know" Frederick continued with look of pain, he seems to loose his appetite upon mentioning and decided to stand up and get out of the dining hall. Iona just remained still and stared out of the distance and began reminiscing her mother, her mother is a very pleasing and joyous woman with an inky black hair and wide brown eyes, they used to go to the pastures to observe the flocks and wait for dawn,  to observe the "magical" ball of fire descend from the sky. His father was very kind and considerate at that time, that's why she used to roll down the hill with Frederick who is only ten winters old and she was 8 summers old, those were the days when sad tales have not been sung. Until 5 years later, her mother had been pail and sickly, those were the times when the castle have been grim and dark. The king sent for his best herbers and healers, but no one seemed to understand her sickness. Not long after, she eventually left her life on earth and every thing changed including the way their father deals with them. Iona suddenly felt her hot tears streaming down her cheeks and immediately stood up then rushed back to her room.

♢♢♢

"What?! .. but father!" brynjar bristled upon hearing Harflr godi's disposition.

"It is your responsibility as the future heir of our land and my only son to marry and have a heir! I hope you understand .... the point of what I'm saying!" Harflr explicated his point to his first born son.

"Then, i hope you understand .... that i can't see your point!" Brynjar responded with his flaring nostrils and rising temper. "i can give you everything that you ask me for .. except for this... you see .. I'm not a family man!"

Harflr did not do anything or said nothing in response except for a menacing look that means that he has the final word, Brynjar immediately left his father's private chambers and quickly went to the stables. He called on his pure back stallion named messy and went for a long ride to the plaza where he might clear his mind.

♢♢♢

A short chapter everyone :) ..

Short question:

Why do you think Brynjar does not like being a family man?

Hit the like bottom if you like it :) tnx ..

I'm open for suggestions and errors, please kindly message or comment what you think of this chapter. .