chapter 12

"Where ar we goin?" Iona asked intently.
brynjar stared at her as if it will turn her into ice and she cowered slightly below his graze.

"what if i tell you, you are not allowed to ask?" it was barely a question or in other words it is more of a mere threatening statement.
Iona just nodded quietly and shifted her feet, she looked at their other companions and nodded before setting her eyes on her foot.
Brynjar strongly dragged her by her right arm, only to be stared at by the other thralls. she collectively followed, only to find out that he is dragging her outside. brynjar grabbed a torch that was hanging from the outer wall, she can now illuminate clearly that they are heading into a wooden cabin. it is made up of logs that are scattered in the area. Though it is small, it can definitely fit 5o people in it but only if they are all standing and are grasping for air and space.
as they are heading closer, Iona can feel a sting on her feet as if it is going to be on fire. she looked above the man who is dragging her and saw a man with a stiff and cold composure. what is he going to do? it is a question that she has been lurking with herself. while they are getting closer, she noticed that there are scattered hays around the area and now she presumed that it is a stable. But when brynjar opened the wooden door, it turns out to be a room. He lit up the stone hearth and estinguished the torch. As she stood there, she can see that there is a large bed out of hay covered with a thick layer of animal skin and a small table beside it, wut must he be doing to only have scattered the remnants of his bed around his room? oh right he's ei womanizer is he not? she can see a silver chalice on the table, now she presumed that it is where he drinks his mead and women. the hearth is situated far from the bed as not to cause a fire, thus it is used to heat up the room, so he likes his room and bed very warm indeed. she noticed that his clothes are neatly piled up inside a small chamber and she inhaled deeply, only to smell a smoky but a manly scent. she looked directly at him and saw those familiar eyes intently staring at her.
"well? what are you waiting for?" he asked coldly. Iona just stood there dumbfounded, not able to comprehend what he's saying.
"what ar ye talkin' abot?" she asked confusingly.

"well, maybe spread your legs? or do you want me to do it for you?"

Iona stared at him as her cheek warmed up but mostly with anger.
hu dos he think he is? jus becos he dos not know me, dos not mean he can just go against my will! i am a princess and i deserve better! oh!

that's right i will land worst if he knew. 😞

"oh" she stated absent mindedly as Brynjar began to take of his clothes.
she sighed, i guess i have no choice.

💚💚💚

"hello Ahram 😁😁" Astrid greeted with joy.
Iona just smiled, unaware of how to address the important young lady.
'er, same yer highness'
Iona replied consciously as she continued with her task of piling the stocks for the horses, it is midday and surely she wants to finish early.
"Join me for a walk ☺" astrid merrily said as Iona's emerald eyes is already on her.
"but, i need to finish this" Iona replied as she eyed the remaining unruly hays, hoping Astrid got the message.

"Oh nonesense! i'll ask the other Thralls to finish them" she persistently replied.

Iona just meekly nodded as she followed her.

💜💜💜
Iona felt conscious as she walked side by side with Astrid, conscious that she is wearing something intended as a rag as the Godi's daughter wears the finest silks pillaged from the west. She feels horrible as she did not bathe for 5 moons, unaware that it is not obvious for her beauty.

"So Ahram, how are you? did my brother strained you too much?"

"Nay, he's he's very kind" Iona answered quickly. of course she has to lie, this is the Godi's Daughter she's talking to. She can't afford to be beaten with rope because of her ill words.

"That's very unlikely of my brother, well ... you stuttered" she retorted cheekily, sensing the lie dripping from her mouth.
Iona just looked at her with eyes begging for forgiveness.

'don't look at me like that, I know my brother. I'm just asking because I want to know how he's treating you' Astrid looked at her intently while she's saying those words.
Iona is confused as she does not know why a thrall like her will matter in this place.

'I donna understand' she replied confusingly.

Astrid smiled mischievously as she looked at Iona's disheveled state.

'I want to know if he atleast treat you with what you deserve'