Chapter 16

(flashback)
'I just want to know if he treats you with what you deserve' Astrid said as Iona wore a dumbfounded expression.

'wat do ye mean me lady?' Iona asked, still hoping Astrid does not know of her secret.

'Do you think i'm that gullible? really?' Astrid replied, mimicking a hurt expression.

'Nay me lady' Iona replied. still getting nervous of what astrid may say.

'Years ago, we went into a fare in scandinavia. My father was bidding some slaves and i got bored so as usual ... well, i get lost.' she beamed.
'There were delectable goods everywhere from fruits to properly made dresses. Stalls are placed in every corner as the passageway became narrow because of the busy trade. But what caught my eyes is something majestic, something sharp and handsome .. I just want to be his'

'My brother' Iona interrupted as she  took a deep breath. She looked at Astrid with an agaped expression. Almost shocked of what Iona just said. Astrid flustered as her face was on a 5o shades of pink and continued.

'I was actually looking at the arrows.... beside the Smithy's' Astrid continued as Iona felt embarrassed and 'oh' is just what she said.

'well anyways, ' she cleared her throat 'when I saw those arrows i knew i was in love. I immediately went near and saw the glimmering tip. It was unlike any arrow i have seen before..  i can imagine the speed and accuracy it can give me that.... i.. i wanted to touch it, to feel it with my fingers and try it to my brother in case he pissed me of then..,

Astrid was about to get a hold of the arrows when a hand immediately snatched it away. She quickly looked up and saw the most daring man she have ever seen, a hint of amusement was etched on his face as he talked to the smithy to pay for the good. Hadn't he be goodlooking Astrid would have murdered him with her dagger and so she chose to murder him with her glare. He is wearing an expensive looking cape and ordinary breaches, his shoes is a quality type leather and his tunic is dirty white. The man quickly averted his direction with a smirk on his face as Astrid felt insulted.

'You monstrous beast of a man! that is my arrow!' She fumed.  The man looked back at her and eyed her up and down. she is wearing a fine faded red dress that hugs her body and a cape, she seems to catch his attention immediately.

'well, it was never yours... ey paid it see? it's mine now' he replied while he pointed at the arrows that was kept in his bag. He gave her a smug and turned around, ignoring the curious attention of the onlookers. Let's just say it was quite a crowd.

'an irish? I see..' Astrid formidably said as his adam's apple bobbed up, the smug was annihilated from his face. He gulped quite heavily, her satisfaction  was etched on her face as he realized what trouble he got himself into. He received an alarming look from the people who heard what she said, some men brought out their dagger and club.

'nay, i mean... no! A.. a... ay am ei merchant!' He glanced around him as he received scrutinizing looks. Stuttering as a bead of sweat came out of his forehead. Astrid still looks satisfied as she placed her hands on her hips.

'A merchant? really?' Astrid asked as her other brow was raised.

'aye! I travel from place to place .. That's why ay .... a ... I know how to speak in Irish' he reasoned out.

'very well then..' She dismissed as the crowd began dispersing. she walked towards him and dragged his arms with her. She can feel his toned bicep as she quietly gulped. The man curiously looked at her as he tried to compose himself.
'you should thank me that I saved you' she simply said.

'Wut for? ey em  simply a merchant and ye endanged me life' The man replied.

'Don't play your lies on me.. I know what you're doing. I know you're an Irish and a noble one... tell me, have u come to spy on us? to kill us in our sleep? well.. in your dreams ... and i'm warning you .. we are born ready..' She hissed

The man exhaled a deep breath.
'Ay simply donna now wut ur talkin about' he silently said.

'really? huh..... you expect me to believe your lies?

'Ay em not lyin' he calmly said. Astrid was surprised of his calm reaction and thought he is a good liar. So she persisted to blow up his cover.

'well, You won't succeed' she said.

'ei don't care'

'really, my father will know of this and we will be ready of what's to come'

'ok'

'well....um, I'm the Godi's daughter so we will always be prepared'
The man looked at her with a questioning look as she stared at him. She can feel her loins softening as she stared at his beautiful face.

'really? ok' was the only words he said to break her composure.

'What? ok? is that it? you won't argue with me? you won't say that our plan will never work?.... or or... you won't confront me? .. you won't take me hostage?.. really, i am Harflr's daughter' she said with a broken ego and a quivering voice.
He eyed her intently ..

'nay, i donna care' was his last words as he broke free from her clutch and  went away, taking with him the arrows and her interest.
💜💜💜💜
The sun is ready to set as Astrid spent her time thinking of the mysterious man.
'where is he? why is he here? did he find me unattractive? .. I know I didn't washed but surely he's smelled worst? ...ughh!  I didn't even know his name!' she muttered as she was pacing outside her tent.

'daughter? you gone mad?' Lord harflr said as he witnessed how his daughter was talking to herself.

'nothing father, where are the slaves?' She asked, remembering that his father purchased a while ago.

'They are in the slaver's tent. heavily guarded.. here .. i have brought you one to tend to your needs' Lord harflr said as he nudged an auburn haired girl forward. Astrid looked at her, strucked by her beauty.

'I don't need anyone anymore father. i've got plenty.'

'Are you sure? then if that's the case....  she will do a great job being the warrior's bed warmer'
Astrid saw how the auburn girl's lips quivered as she soiled herself, scared of what is to come. Lord harflr looked at her with disgust as he scrunched his nose. 'go to the stables' he said as they began to leave. Astrid was guilty, guilty that she has caused such fate to an innocent girl.

'father! wait'
💜💜💜💜